Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever been to Mexico?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 429 Total Views

I am thinking of going to let my babies family meet him for the first time and I haven't been out of my state much and never out of the country so what all do I need to get in there if I drive my own car as far as getting papers and what do I need to get back beside a pass port? anyone know?

got a Brayden in your family, join us http://www.cafemom.com/group/momofBrayden

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomtoMandJ
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

If you drive, you do not need a full passport, but one of the passport cards (it's cheaper).  Unless you already have a passport.  If you are traveling alone, unless you have full custody, you need a notarize permission form from the other parent.  Check the Mexican Embassy site for details. 

Ana 
Ky_momoftwins
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Do you know the site addy? I am the only one listed on his birth certificate. He is in Mexico and I am going there to meet up with him so we can do the baby's 1st birthday there.

Quoting MomtoMandJ:

If you drive, you do not need a full passport, but one of the passport cards (it's cheaper).  Unless you already have a passport.  If you are traveling alone, unless you have full custody, you need a notarize permission form from the other parent.  Check the Mexican Embassy site for details. 

got a Brayden in your family, join us http://www.cafemom.com/group/momofBrayden

MomtoMandJ
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Here are a ouple:

Minors: Mexican law requires that any non-Mexican citizen under the age of 18 ... The State Department recommends that the permission should include travel dates, ..... The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry ...
travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html - 121k -
Cached - Similar pages -

Solo Parent Alert: Documents for Travel with a Minor

PERMISSION TO TRAVEL LETTER Additional paperwork is required for international travel with ... many governments have initiated procedures at entry/exit points. ... In any case, it is required for American minors entering Mexico by air, ...
www.sondur.com/Solo_Parent_Minor.htm - 40k - Cached - Similar pages -

www.mexicotripinfo.com - Requirements

Passports are required for entry into the US via air travel. ... According to the laws in Mexico any minor, defined as of age 18 or under, ... lien holder may require you to obtain a permission letter to grant you access out of the US. ...
www.mexicotripinfo.com/requirements - 20k - Cached - Similar pages -
Ana 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)