Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever meet your grandparents? Do you have one special memory that you treasure?

My maternal grandma was quite a gal, but as she aged she developed diabetes. We went to live with her so my mother could care for her and my grandfather. I remember her sitting at the top of the front steps and my mother and aunty combing her hair. The hair was a beautiful white, long and lovely. The picture has stayed with me for more than fifty years.

by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Replies (11-15):
sandy562
by Fabulous Sandy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I had my grand daughter over yesterday - and we worked on her Mars report -

My son and DIL - have foster kids - but this set of 3 - may soon be offical -

I wonder what my grandkids will think of me - as I am 66 this year - and my grand kids are now haveing kids - ( I have 3 greats ) am I going to be loved as much as my lil granny - I can only hope -

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM

So they are adopting them?  How cool!

Scottishbrat33
by Fabulous Trainee on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Every Easter my grandmother would take me out buy me a new outfit.I remember smelling the hot bread from the oven. She would cut a piece and  put butter on it. It was rasin bread the the best around  It was so good .

sandy562
by Fabulous Sandy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting mapleleafwoman:

So they are adopting them?  How cool!

I think they are - three girls 5, 7 and 9 -  all 3 of them - so sometime later this year - I will be up to 20 grandkids at least I think that is the number - I think I need to re-count - hahaha

Scottishbrat33
by Fabulous Trainee on May. 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

My mothers mother was my grandmother.I remember her taking me out every holiday she would buy me a beatiful outfit to wear.She would tell me stories about Ireland.It was fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)