Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On this day in 1860, who shot and mortally wounded President William B. McKinley?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1512 Total Views

Poll

Question: On this day in 1860, who shot and mortally wounded President William B. McKinley?

Options:

John Wilkes Booth

Leon F. Czolgosz

Charles J. Guiteau

Lee Harvey Oswald

Sirhan Sirhan

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

I actually leave on Sunday for two weeks, but have just been so busy trying to get everything in place before I leave.  This morning we were supposed to work but ran into a road block after getting there, so instead we stopped at Walmart for cat litter and a few other items, filled the work van with gas, and then went over to Lowe's in Delaware to pick up supplies for another project he will be working on while I am gone.  Now he is getting ready to mow a lawn so I will be running him out and dropping him off.  If it decides to really rain I may have to go back out and get him before I leave for work.  Otherwise he will find a way home later.

Your post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling though Donna, so I just had to find time to post one more trivia for you today.   :)

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

On Sept. 6, 1901, President William B. McKinley was shot and mortally wounded by anarchist Leon Czolgosz at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, N.Y.

mammadonna
by Donna on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Living near Buffalo, I didn't have to think twice about this one.  The Pan-Am Expostion was a HUGE deal for Buffalo, and the President's death was an enormous stain on our reputation.

mammadonna
by Donna on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM

p.s. Ann you are so sweet♄, I will miss you!  We'll be here when you get back!  Enjoy!!!

rhodaj
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is a picture of the Mckinley Monuement in Canton,Ohio

sandy562
by Fabulous Sandy on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I did a best guess - and I got it -

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)