Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What state has a capital named for the seventh president, "Old Hickory"?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 990 Total Views

Poll

Question: What state has a capital named for the seventh president, "Old Hickory"?

Options:

Mississippi

Washington

Oregon

Alabama

Kentucky

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:21 AM

This city was founded in 1821 and was named in honor of the seventh president of the United States. Which of these cities originally started out as a French trading post, later becoming the capital of Mississippi?

Jackson. Jackson is the state capital of Mississippi. Jackson started out by the Pearl River, as a French trading post operated by a French-Canadian trader named Louis LeFleur. The trading area was known as LeFleur's Bluff, but years later the city was renamed in honor of Andrew Jackson. Jackson was a war hero and general who later became the seventh president of the United States. Today, Jackson is home to the beautiful white and cream capitol dome building that hosts the state legislature and the governor's offices. Inside the dome building is a tribute to Mississippi's heritage. The interior of the dome contains scenes of two Indians, a Spanish explorer, a Confederate general, and 750 lights pointing to a blindfolded lady representing justice. The golden eagle on top of the capitol dome is another symbol and reminder of liberty and freedom.

CoeyG
by Fabulous Trainee on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

That would be Jackson Mississippi 

CoeyG
by Fabulous Trainee on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Goodness you gave the answer before I could...sigh

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM

But you knew it Coey!  That is what is important!  I cheat on most of the questions.  That is the only reason I get them right.   <giggles>

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I used to put at the top of each one  "Do Not scroll down until after you have answered, but at this point I like to think you all just know this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)