Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maxine on Winter

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 370 Total Views
1 mom liked this

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I still wear an old Eagles starter coat that is ready for the trash, but it keeps me so warm.  Not that I am an Eagles fan at all.  Think I found it for my son and he never wore it so I started to.  Now I won't get rid of it.  Last time we went camping sparks got to one of the sleeves but as long as it keeps me warm I will be keeping it.

cjcharlie1959
by Competent Carol on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I love Maxine.  I am learning to appreciate the comic as I get older.

sandy562
by Fabulous Sandy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

my red coat I got for the polar bear trip - is puffy - and I really love it - it is so good for days when I have to go out and it is below freezing - but really wish it was in a dark color

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I have a small down jacket which I just love.  It is a little puffy and very light weight.  But you can't get down wet or it is no good.  So I try to be very careful about when and where I wear it.  Also, sparks from a campfire can ruin an expensive down coat very quickly.

teaching1972
by Debbie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I have a cranberry colored coat that is fondly called the Playground coat.  I used it for recess duty.  It is at least two sizes too big so that it would fit over heavy sweaters and blazers.  It has a big furry hood and lined with some kind of thermal fabric that keeps me toasty warm.  The kids thought I looked like an Eskimo but I was warm and some of them were not.  We have had 6 inches of snow this week with winds so high it was considered blizzard conditions.  As I write this, it is snowing again with 3-6 inches predicted.  More coming next week.  That coat may come in handy again.

Scottishbrat33
by Fabulous Trainee on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

That is so true, funny but true.I cut my hair short, now I wear a scraf around my neck because I am very cold. My hair kept me warm, I didn't realize it.That was about a month ago.Everybody likes my hair.I have gotten so many compliments.I miss my long curls, but this is part of having a new look.My memory is so bad that after 2 months I will have to look at a picture to see what I looked like with long hair.I also have an old fashion hat very warm.I had alot of women ask me where I got my hat. I bought it at Kolhs.I have leg warmers my soninlaw had in his Shoe store he worked at.I got 2 pairs.They keep my legs warm.After all this it would be nice to have the energy to enjoy a winter day.snowgirl

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I only had one pair of long johns which I wore on Friday to camp.  Saturday I pulled a second pair of sweats over my first layer.  It worked out just fine and I really wasn't cold at all.  My Uggs kept my feet pretty warm too so that wasn't a problem.  I had the most layers on top with a turtleneck, sweatshirt, vest, hoodie, and coat.  A regular hat would not stay on my head so when it was coldest I pulled on an orange hunting hat where your whole face is pretty much covered.

cjcharlie1959
by Competent Carol on May. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM

It's cold in the mornings and warm by the afternoon. I really don't care for winter as it make my bones ache and creak.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)