Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thought of the Day

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanalyn1
by lyn on Feb. 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

nanalyn1
by lyn on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM

sandy562
by Fabulous Sandy on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mapleleafwoman:

this is why - I believe most of us are over weight - we are not eating what our bodies were built for

mapleleafwoman
by Maple on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting sandy562:
Quoting mapleleafwoman:

this is why - I believe most of us are over weight - we are not eating what our bodies were built for

I do believe you are absolutely correct.  So many preservatives, additives, etc.  Most of us don't have gardens today either.  Growing up, my mother would purchase half a beef and keep it in the freezer.  We grew nearly every thing else we ate.  In the summer we would pick fresh fruit and she would can as much as she could.  We always got fresh chickens and turkeys from local farmers, and eggs.

Yes, there were things she bought, like flour and sugar to bake with.  But I am pretty sure her grocery bill was nothing compared to what mine is.  And we probably ate so much better.

nanalyn1
by lyn on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:52 AM

nanalyn1
by lyn on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM

cjcharlie1959
by Competent Carol on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I so agree

Quoting mapleleafwoman:

Quoting sandy562:
Quoting mapleleafwoman:

I do believe you are absolutely correct.  So many preservatives, additives, etc.  Most of us don't have gardens today either.  Growing up, my mother would purchase half a beef and keep it in the freezer.  We grew nearly every thing else we ate.  In the summer we would pick fresh fruit and she would can as much as she could.  We always got fresh chickens and turkeys from local farmers, and eggs.

Yes, there were things she bought, like flour and sugar to bake with.  But I am pretty sure her grocery bill was nothing compared to what mine is.  And we probably ate so much better.

nanalyn1
by lyn on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM

nanalyn1
by lyn on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)