• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Britax......or not????

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 918 Total Views

It's time to purchase a convertible car seat. We have done our research, talked with friends and family and decided on the Britax Boulevard CS........I think!  I do know this particular brand is rated pretty high in safety. So if you own one or know someone who does please give me your thoughts on durability,comfort to the child, easy to clean....................your over all opinion.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FuzNet
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I have the Britax Diplomat, because we have a smaller car and I love it. 

GillyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM

When I was pregnant with our son, I researched and researched to find the right infant seat. In the end, we went with the Chicco Keyfit 30. Once he was got a few pounds away from outgrowing that seat, I went into research mode yet again ( I love to read anyway so it was nothing for me). Though Britax seats really are great, the biggest complaint I saw was that children outgrew them long before the "suggested" height and weight requirements. I also found that many of them are very heavy, which you may want to consider if you are going to be switching the seat from vehicle to vehicle.

Most people are going to recommend the Graco My Ride 65, it's inevitable, LOL! It has a 40 lb RFing limit, and a 65 lb FF limit, plus it only costs around $100 to $150, hence why it's recommended so much. There are few carseats out there that RF to 40 lbs so many people love that fact alone, but it's important to remember that it IS possible for your child to reach the maximum RF height before hitting the weight limit, so you may not even get to use the seat up to 40lb limit.

I always recommend the First Years True Fit Premiere, which is what our son has. Much more expensive than the My Ride, and doesn't come in as many designs, but it has an anti-rebound bar for when the child is RFing which I really love. It's max RF weight is 35 lbs, and it's max FF weight is 65 lbs. Here's a review that was done of it on Car Seat Blog.

http://carseatblog.com/?p=3054

As the author states in the comments, "... if money were no object, I’d go with the True Fit Premiere because of the anti-rebound bar and all of the other extras. The MyRide is no slouch and is much less expensive, but it doesn’t have the padding the TFP has." We love ours, so I thought I would just throw it out there, LOL. In the end though, it's what's in your budget and what you think will be best for your child.

momk23
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I have the Britax Boulevard for my son.  Bought it about a year and a half ago I think.  I love it, it's by far the easiest carseat to install that I have ever had, and it fits tight into the different cars I have installed it in.  Love that the shoulder hight is adjustable with the little roller thingy instead of taking the whole seat apart. Super comfortable to sit in.  Yes it's a pain to take the cover off to clean, but most seats are.  It cleans well, dark colors work best so they don't show the dirt as much.  I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

ASF
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM

My 6 year old still fits in her britax convertable seat, its the greatest.  I also like their booster seats.

avegajenkins
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I love the 2 Britax Marathons that I have for my LO's in the truck  :) so worth the $

We Love OUR DADDY he is our HERO...ARMY WIFE & Mom of 3.. Owned by a PUG...Missing our home..NYC

army

lilbimmer04
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I have and love a Britax Decathalon which is basically the same as the Marathon but with extra removable padding (because my 1st child was so little). I have since passed it to my chunkier 2 yo but my 5 yo could easily still be using it. We have taken this carseat all over the country, in planes, car trips and thru many many wash cycles and it has held up brilliantly. Worth the extra money!

TWashburn

kanalee
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I love our Britax and wouldn't trust any other carseat =-) Easy to clean to boot =-)

Peace,
Kana

MissMelody85
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I love Britax. I own a Regent.  I also have a True Fit and I think it is just as nice as Britax. I think it is comparable to the Marathon.  I have not used it RF, but FF I really love my True Fit. No complaints at all.  Its as plush and easy to use as Britax, and about $100 less. 

MrsEvansMomOf2
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I love mine. I have the easy clean cover by them on mine and this thing can have fruit punch on it and all I need is a baby wipe. Plus it comes apart so easily for washing. It went into my car so easily. I really love it. They might cost a little more but so worth it. Ours is the roundabout and it's and upright front or backwards. Were expecting again and I wont being using any other car-seat. I can afford to splurge on one of these. You cant beat it with the safety features or durability. 

lovebugmom08
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I want to thank everyone for your input.........we are going with the britax boulevard cs!!!!!!!! Thanks again. This was my 1st post and if i had known how all this worked i would have joined a long time ago!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)