Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free BOOK IT! Program

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 1262 Total Views

Free BOOK IT! Program

Through local schools and for homeschoolers!

http://www.bookitprogram.com/enrollment/k6enroll.asp

BOOK IT! motivates children to read by rewarding their reading accomplishments with praise, recognition and pizza.  BOOK IT! is simple for the teacher to use, flexible because goals match reading ability, and fun because achieving a goal is a great reason to celebrate.

A literacy activity that parents can participate in, BOOK IT! was created in 1985 and has since grown to 22 million students strong.

by on Oct. 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuffnthesaddle
by on Oct. 4, 2007 at 4:25 PM
I used to do this in school and now my daughter (kindergarten) is doing it. She just brought the papers home. I was so excited. I used to just love Book It.

If you bought it a truck brought it!
usiaeagles
by on Oct. 6, 2007 at 5:35 PM
My son's school does this. They get a certificate for a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut if they reach their goal for 3 months. I am very surprised at how many dont reach their goal.
Mama2Autumn
by on May. 27, 2008 at 1:09 PM
i used to do that..i hope that when my daughter starts school they will do it for her..I really liked it and most of my friends didnt reach their goals either, but I always did..LOL
yourgie
by Member on May. 27, 2008 at 1:10 PM
You can also use the book-it coupons for the buffet.  It doesn't include their drink like with the PP, but its still a free buffet!  LOL!  BTW- even if your coupons are expired- most Pizza Huts will take them!  So just ask!

Follow me to Brutally Honest- BEST GROUP EVER!!!!!!

redneckcple
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2008 at 2:31 PM
My son is in kindergarten and every month was getting a piece of paper we had to fill out about how much he was reading everyday. I always turned it in but he never got any reward for it so I stopped sending it into school with him every month. This is a great program for children though, I remember doing it when I was younger and loved getting free pizzas!!
chgobabygurl
by Member on May. 28, 2008 at 5:28 PM
they are accepting aplications for 08 and will start mailing out sept of 08 was told for all you homeschooling moms

chgobabygurl
by Member on May. 28, 2008 at 5:29 PM
you should ask his teacher about why she hasn't been sending this home with him
Quoting redneckcple:

My son is in kindergarten and every month was getting a piece of paper we had to fill out about how much he was reading everyday. I always turned it in but he never got any reward for it so I stopped sending it into school with him every month. This is a great program for children though, I remember doing it when I was younger and loved getting free pizzas!!

redneckcple
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM
His teacher done ticked me off. I ordered a big pack of the Colgate toothbrushes that I found in this group and PERSONALLY delivered 23 of them (more than enough for all the kids in his class) and I told her we wanted to share these with the class..... they never received them. Since we have moved, he won't be going to that school next year anyways!!
Quoting chgobabygurl:

you should ask his teacher about why she hasn't been sending this home with him
Quoting redneckcple:

laurag8707
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

BUMP ENROLLING NOW LADIES!!

1traciw
by Member on Aug. 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM

This is great for chores, etc. instead of giving candy all the time! My children love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)