Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what items do you "invest in"

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 478 Total Views

what items do you spend more money on because you need them to last longer - or they are going to get a lot of use..

I always invest in things like strollers, car seat etc.

but look for bargains on shoes and toys.

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I agree on the carseats. I'm generally frugal beyond that though. Maybe furniture? (it's been a while since we made any large purchases) OOOH-- appliances!

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I agree on car seats. Furniture is certainly another one. Appliances is another one. They should last 20 years.

Krony74
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I agree too with the car seats.  For me, it's furniture, appliances and clothes for the office.  I tend to purchase a few really good pieces that I can mix and that will last me a long time.

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM

My running shoes I invest in. I use them on a daily basis. I have gotten lucky at finding nice ones at a good price at TJ Maxx, but will be looking for a new pair soon. Not sure if I will get so lucky this time......I may have to spend big bucks.

I have started investing in the kids shoes and jeans. Good pairs seem to last longer these days than cheaper ones.

Healthy food. Some of it is a little more expensive but worth it.

Good sports equipment for the kids. I think its worth it to slurge because it can really make a difference.

Razors are worth the extra money. I hate razor burn.

I know there is more...........let me think!

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Oh yes, clothing and shoes for work. I don't want to have to buy too much of that stuff. So pieces that last and can be mixed and matched are a must!

Quoting Krony74:

I agree too with the car seats.  For me, it's furniture, appliances and clothes for the office.  I tend to purchase a few really good pieces that I can mix and that will last me a long time.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM

BUMP

AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Oh I am saving right now, it slips my mind. A quad stroller. I'm almost there, hopefully 2 more weeks.

happylark60
by Member on Apr. 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Tho I could add several more, The very basic items I invest more money in if I have to (still always look for bargains) are 1.  reliable & safe vehicle, 2. truely comfortable bed (a good night's sleep is invaluable), & 3. Walking, running, work shoes (protecting your feet & back are just as important).

sallymoon
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I view car seats as a very important investment.  I do not factor in price when deciding which seat to get my son, just the safety features.  Once I decide which seat I want, I do shop around for a good deal.  But price only influences where I buy a seat, not what seat I buy.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Appliances.  Cookware.  Sheets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)