Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do motorcycles REALLY save on gas??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 371 Total Views

or is DH just feeding me a line?

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deidremomof2
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM

sure do

Krony74
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:45 AM

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/MotorcycleFuelEconomyGuide.htm

There is some good info at the above link.  They do save quite a bit.

gia1019
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:02 AM

They save quite a bit. Unless you have my husband who has a street bike and puts the racing fuel in it...it's more than $4 a gallon right now I believe. I kinda wanna beat him for it...but it's a lost cause. So I just do the "eye roll" when he mentions it.

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I am sure they do!

MommyCakesinTX
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM

My husband rides a bike. He gets three weeks of riding back and forth to work out of one tank. They are also cheaper to insure than a second car! (here anyway)

horsegal2760
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:05 AM

They sure do. My husband rides his every day un less it is going to rain then he takes a car.

We use the most gas doing charity rides though but it is something fun to do together and for good causes.

kimwithtwins
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:08 AM

They sure do....so happy that riding season has returned...YAY!

jrp0606
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:31 AM

ah see we still HAVE to have his truck - so we are insuring his truck and his bike and my car.....

Quoting MommyCakesinTX:

My husband rides a bike. He gets three weeks of riding back and forth to work out of one tank. They are also cheaper to insure than a second car! (here anyway)

jrp0606
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM

thats what i'm wondering about - it may save on gas if he just used it for everyday but then he's going to want to take it out at the weekend etc..... and then that would just be burning gas for the sake of riding around

Quoting horsegal2760:

They sure do. My husband rides his every day un less it is going to rain then he takes a car.

We use the most gas doing charity rides though but it is something fun to do together and for good causes.

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

AM-BRAT
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM

ROLLS EYES. YES, they DO. BUT, it still adds another payment to the mix, and another vehicle on your insurance. And my DH, who never used his anyway, ended up using his gas guzzling truck anyway. So much for saving gas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)