Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My find for Soft Hands

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 549 Total Views

With winter coming, I would like to share my secret for soft hands. About 2 years ago, I ran out of hand soap. I needed to wash my hands so as I looked around the bathroom closet for some soap, the only thing I had on hand was my fiance's shaving cream. He uses Barbasol with Aloe. It not only cleaned my hands but left them very soft. I must say I was impressed. Instead of buying hand soap, I bought the Barbasol with Aloe. It is very inexpensive, $1.19 for the small can. I have one sitting on the sink in all 3 bathrooms & the kitchen.

We had a visitor who was helping my son work on his car. He ask for something to get the grease off his hands. I told him to use the Barbasol. He laughed at me but said he would try it. When he came out of the bathroom, he was smiling. He told me that nothing he had ever used got the grease off & didn't tear up his skin like that.

The only problem we have had is visitors coming out & telling me there is no soap in the bathroom. LOL I am thinking about printing a label & taping it on the can.

by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Smiles4U430
by on Sep. 4, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Hurrah! Another woman to the resuce! I love it! Thanks for sharing .

Enjoy a GREAT Labor Day weekend with lots of laughs, fun & safety!bouncing

1bionicgranny
by Member on Sep. 6, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Thanks, everyone I have told has loved it. Now I watch for the Barbasol on sale & stock up. One can lasts for a couple of months.

1bionicgranny
by Member on Mar. 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Quoting 1bionicgranny:

With winter coming, I would like to share my secret for soft hands. About 2 years ago, I ran out of hand soap. I needed to wash my hands so as I looked around the bathroom closet for some soap, the only thing I had on hand was my fiance's shaving cream. He uses Barbasol with Aloe. It not only cleaned my hands but left them very soft. I must say I was impressed. Instead of buying hand soap, I bought the Barbasol with Aloe. It is very inexpensive, $1.19 for the small can. I have one sitting on the sink in all 3 bathrooms & the kitchen.

We had a visitor who was helping my son work on his car. He ask for something to get the grease off his hands. I told him to use the Barbasol. He laughed at me but said he would try it. When he came out of the bathroom, he was smiling. He told me that nothing he had ever used got the grease off & didn't tear up his skin like that.

The only problem we have had is visitors coming out & telling me there is no soap in the bathroom. LOL I am thinking about printing a label & taping it on the can.

I posted this about 5 or 6 months ago & it didn't get any comments. I am curious to know if anyone else has tried this. It really does work great & saves a lot.

serendipitykdk
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I wish I hadn't missed the original post!  We live in NH and it's VERY dry...would have loved to have tried it over the winter...BUT I am going to get a can and start now.  I'll let you know after using for a bit...thanks for the post!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)