Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know how to get christmas help for a cancer patient and family?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 895 Total Views

Im 35 years old and just found out that my cancer is back.. I went through chemo and cancer in 2006-2007 with hodgkins... It's really scary to be going through this again..I almost died last time . Im allergic to the chemo meds.. I love my family so much.. I have 2 wonderful kids that shouldn't have to go through this... It's so sad... My son who is 10 years old prays to God every night to God to please heal his mommy... My children love Christmas time.. But going through cancer makes it really rough on all of us.. We just don't have the money to do much... Cause cancer meds,, Chemo, Shots and other meds cost so much... Doesn't leave much for anything else... Im stressing out how im going to give my kids a good christmas this year... They are so worth it... My kids do so much for me.. They are just so wonderful and im so greatful to have them in my life... Does anyone know of any programs that help with christmas? Does anyone out there would lke to adopt a family for christmas...I know we would be so greatful and blessed... 

by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evansmommy03
by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Here is a bump and I am sending you a PM

slyvester
by Member on Oct. 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM

try a church,elks club or kiwanis

starfish33
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2010 at 1:55 PM

thank youangel

PBBJ
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 7:04 AM

BUMP!

1bionicgranny
by Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 7:52 AM

There are many organizations that offer Christmas help. Besides the usual ones, see if there is a Chapter of the St. Vincent de Paul Society in your area. This is a worldwide organization that gives emergency assistance to the needy in their community. They receive no government money & are completely funded by the sponsoring parish but the assistance is non-denominational. Most chapters, though not all, have a Christmas fund.

Also contact your County Office For The Disabled has info on all the organizations offering assistance to people with disabilities.

You and your family has been added to our prayer list. I hope this helps.

Good luck & God bless!   hugs

starfish33
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 7:58 AM

thank you so much!!!! all the info does help... way to go

CuziDid
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Try MoJo in the Morning on Radio Station 99.5.  Or maybe 211 United Way?  :)

Never regret anything that once made you smile ...
nanalyn1
by Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 10:04 AM

try churches and Make a wish....also your local cancer chapter association

horsegal2760
by Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Check with your neighborhood police dept Police Officers Assn. and see if they have a Blue Santa group or check with other local community POA's. Blue Santa is a non profit outreach that helps kids who would not have a Christmas. Our local one in Alvin, TX donates about 180 bicycles and helmets per year to kids from Kindergarten - 6th grade nominated by their teachers or pastors. We also collect donated toys and hold a big Christmas party for the kids with a free meal. Some of our police officers also do Shop with a Cop for the older kids. They usually take the family to WalMart and they get to spend money on toys and food for their holiday meal. We raise funds all year long through a raffle and a huge motorcycle ride to help pay for all this. We also donate 6 scholarships to our local community college for the high school age.

I also suggest you talk to your own church if you have one you area affiliated with or local churches in general. Two years ago due to my husband loosing his job, we were not able to give our grandkids (our two daughters are both single moms) Christmas. Our Bible study group took up a collection without us knowing and gave us a $250 gift card to Walmart. This is something encouraged by our church that we help others in our church that we know need help. Last year as a group, we provided Christmas toys and food to a single mom with cancer in our church. If you are not affiliated with a church, I strongly advise it as you will get untold support through your church community.

Good luck and my prayers will be with you and your family.

starfish33
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Thank youhugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN