Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sweet & Sour Soup! Not a Recipe

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 11:13 AM
  • 58 Replies
  • 4528 Total Views

DO NOT DELETE!

Are you SWEET on a particular store?  Want to give praise or thanks to a retailer or someone here in this forum?  Got an awesome deal? Tell us here!

Did you get that awful SOUR taste after filling out that 100 question survey?  Have a bad experience at a retailer?  Not get a freebie?  Tell us about it here!

Join us in stirring the SWEET & SOUR Soup pot!!

Thank You Anita for this great idea!!

by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Replies (1-10):
NorahSethsMommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2007 at 3:54 PM
I'd like to contribute a link to a journal I wrote some time ago about a company that gave me great customer service as opposed to one that gave poor customer service. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=492038

Crayola vs. Progresso Soups

~BETTIE~     

SAH-Mommy to one Peanut and one Porkchop

I Corinthians 51  "All will not sleep, but all will be changed"

sati769leigh
by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 7:22 PM
sweet

General mills has been awesome. they sent me a TON of 50 cent off coupons off variou products after i told them that their offered internet coupons were not being accepted by any store in my area. Betty crocker is suppose to be sending me some too for the same reason.

sour
those get one free product coupons for the piggies in biscuits are a bust for me as the closest place that carries the product is 45 minutes away from me. i will be offering the coupon up in the coupon gruop in case someone lives near where it is good

rina16
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2007 at 9:40 PM
Good customer service: Kid Cuisine Meals
I recently bought the pizza one for my dd. I opened it and the entire plactic tray was broken and there were cunks of plastic in her food. I emailed the company. Within an hour they wrote me back saying they were sorry and would look into the problem. Yesterday in the mail I recieve a letter and 2 coupons for FREE meals.
jfreesNish
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2007 at 11:08 AM
The company is Shakelee.  The product was the cinch energy tea.  I had to reply two times to emails to get it.  The first e-mail said- Buy the on month supply instead of the sample because that is what everyone get.  My reply no I would like the sample.  Second e-mail was- If you really want the sample please reply to this.  Of course I said yes.  Plus side was that it came within the week after i replied to the last e-mail.  Neg-  The two e-mail weren't necessary.
icturner
by Member on Nov. 23, 2007 at 6:36 PM
My good experience: Huggies Pull Ups

I had bought a big box of pull ups because they were cheaper, but they all leaked really bad and I couldn't send my son to school in them because he would be soaked all the way thru by the time he got off the bus. So I emailed the company just to let them know and they sent 2 coupons for FREE jumbo packs and a $4.00 off coupon. They also sent an email saying they were sorry.
Joey07
by Member on Nov. 28, 2007 at 9:40 PM
SOUR NOTE to the walmart by my house who refuse to take my online coupon saying that they don't take online coupons hmmmm

went to another walmart and they took it with no problem wish they could get on the same page!
GingerT
by Member on Nov. 30, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Sweet: Family sized Tyson PopCorn Chicken

i opened the bag and it smelled burn and i cooked it and was so over cooked (i followed the directions they were shall we say preburnt) that i had to toss them and i wrote them an email and told that them and the product code UPC etc etc and said, just thought you would like to know since ive never had an issue like this before. they emailed me back that day said they were sorry and asked for my addy i got 6 coupons 2 Free Bags of the family size chicken, 2 1$ off coupons of any size and 2  50cent off coupons for some new product they were advertising for i was like WOW i emailed her back after i got it and thanked her as it was very generous she said it was the least she could do and thanked me for my feedback!!

Sweet: Olive Garden,

I tried a CHicken marsalla or somethign like that i didnt like it however the chicken was very moist and the flavor was there just a personal prefence that i didnt like it, it also came with potatoe chuncks that were seasoned and i think deep fried or baked or something, they had no flavor were overcooked and practically inedible if you asked me, my waitress asked how my meal was (as i told her i was trying something different ive never had before) i told her personally didnt like the chicken but my dad ate it cuase there was nothing wrong with it but i told her about the potatoes and split one open for her (so she could see how over cooked they were) and told her it was no biggie but the Chef might like to know, she took the whole meal off my tab, she said no big if the potatoes were inedible and she agreed they were then i shouldnt have to pay for them i told her i would pay for the chicken as there was nothing wrong with it and she told me not to be silly and to have a great weekend! WOW

dispatch911
by Member on Dec. 1, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Although this was a few years ago, it still leaves... shall I say a "bad taste in my mouth"!
I stopped by a grocery store (chain now defunct) a few days after Easter and saw the marked down pallet full of candy. Fannie May caught my eye so I picked some up for my mother and myself.
Well, apparently the candy was from a previous year. There were worms and bugs CRAWLING AROUND INSIDE THE PACKAGE!!!!!  Moths even flew out when I unsealed it! I almost gagged and was so glad I had not brought some over to my mom. I was shaking when I called the store and the Fannie May Company. I understand that logically it was the store's fault...they probably had kept it around a year or two...but I thought the company should be aware what the store was selling. Well they sent out a messenger to pick the candy up from me.
A few weeks went by and I received an envelope in the mail. "This ought to be good!" I thought. When I opened it...there was not EVEN A LETTER INSIDE! All they had sent me was a 10.00 gift certificate. Not an apology, not a "thank you," not a "drop dead"!  I mean I sent them back the candy with the living bugs inside!!!  I was not trying to scam them.  They didn't even have the courtesy to drop me a note. Unbelievable.

Renata
JHanc968
by Group Owner on Dec. 1, 2007 at 6:49 AM

braylan Nov. 30, 2007 at 8:58 AM by braylan
posted to Deals & Steals

My post office are jerks!

I called MONDAY and asked for my mail to be delivered where I work...I was expecting a package(cell phone) and just called again today and asked for it to be delivered to my work again b/c i'm expecting another package.
She's like you just called last week we can only do this occasionally. Are you expecting something important? Grrr you jerk if I want my mail here what is the big deal?!?!?! See if I ask you again! Oh and I won't be buying money orders or postage at your location anymore! I will use the darn grocery store you jerks!

Make some extra cash, EASY AND LEGIT. I have only been a member for a week now and I'm already up to $20.00! http://cashcrate.com/390379

REPLIES:

by 2cuteangels on Nov. 30, 2007 at 9:04 AM

haha ! what a jerk!

by braylan on Nov. 30, 2007 at 10:08 AM

KARMA you jerks! lol the lady just called me at work and said she needed an officer to come unlock her vehicle. Maybe next time you won't be such a jerk.  I bet she had a hard time pickin up that phone haha!

by housefullofkidz on Nov. 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM

I gotta be The devils advocate on this one. I am sorry they are giving you a hard time. My husband works for the post office. Changing around where your mail is delivered would be a major PITA.  He delivers to 1000's of houses and businesses a day. It would require rerouting to different mailmen ect. So I know your frustrated but it really is a pain for them too.

by othermom on Nov. 30, 2007 at 8:40 PM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

I gotta be The devils advocate on this one. I am sorry they are giving you a hard time. My husband works for the post office. Changing around where your mail is delivered would be a major PITA.  He delivers to 1000's of houses and businesses a day. It would require rerouting to different mailmen ect. So I know your frustrated but it really is a pain for them too.

I was going to say the same thing. It has got to be hard for the post office to keep doing that. Wouldn't it be easier just to pick it up at the post office, they would probably leave a delivery slip thing at your house.

pinaymommy
by Member on Dec. 3, 2007 at 12:21 AM
SWEET!!! (Target Price Adjustment)
hubby was browsing through sunday ads and saw that the tv stand we got black friday was less 30 bucks! i remember something about price protection thing (i think i might have read about it here in d&s, www.priceprotectr.com) and checked on if target does that - when you buy an item and that item goes on sale after a certain period of time, depending on the retailer, they will refund the difference. i saw that target has 14-day price adjustment policy. called in the store to verify. we went to target and all hubby did was show them receipt. instant credit of $30.99 + tax!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)