Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not really new, but its been a while =D

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2016 at 11:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 440 Total Views

Hi everyone, my name is Annita. I've actually been a member of Cafemom for many many years but my computer has crashed along with all of my user names and passwords =( I have just recently started couponing again and was all too excited to get back into this group!

by on Mar. 18, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 19, 2016 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could learn couponing. It seems so overwhelming.
sweetssone
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now it is very overwhelming, but i am learning how to not just print off any coupon and to wait for the ones i know i will use, and i take my folder with us everywhere. i was pretty proud of myself, we just did our big shopping trip and thanks to coupons and store discounts i saved us 161 dollars!!

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I wish I could learn couponing. It seems so overwhelming.

sonnyswoman75
by on Apr. 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM
Wow that is awesome!

Quoting sweetssone:

Right now it is very overwhelming, but i am learning how to not just print off any coupon and to wait for the ones i know i will use, and i take my folder with us everywhere. i was pretty proud of myself, we just did our big shopping trip and thanks to coupons and store discounts i saved us 161 dollars!!

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I wish I could learn couponing. It seems so overwhelming.

clairewait
by on Apr. 26, 2016 at 7:49 PM

I feel like this group has been quiet lately. Welcome back.

I've been couponing for a while now, and have learned that my biggest savings don't really come from clipping coupons. I do it because anything helps, but it isn't the bulk of keeping my budget low.

Here's an example: right now (in the south anyway), strawberries are IN SEASON. My local grocery store had LOCAL BERRIES for $1.25 a pint this week. That is crazy cheap, and the berries were as good or better than what I've seen for 3X that much at the You-Pick farms or farmer's markets. I bought 5 pints and froze 2 of them. I know strawberries will go on sale this low again, but will they be this fresh and ripe? I don't know. (I probably could have stocked up on more for the freezer, but alas.)

Anyway, this is the mentality that keeps my budget at an all time low. It is knowing price points and stocking up when they are low. (It requires a little bit of creativity with storage, and certainly some long range investment, but so worth it!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)