Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craziest Thing You Do to Save?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM
  • 238 Replies
  • 15063 Total Views

The Craziest Thing You Do to Save?

Okay, fess up. What's the craziest thing that you do to save money? You know . . . that one thing that makes people look at you funny, or that you're too embarrassed to do in front of others.

Come on... you can tell us!!

This is an old post, but I thought that it was relevant again!  We can always learn from each other new things!

Joyce

Save $10 on $49+ Order at Diapers.com Code DEALSCM01

by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JHanc968
by Group Owner on Sep. 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Anyone?

Anyone re-use aluminum foil? Storage bags?

~I personally unplug all (except the fridge) the kitchen appliances every night.

~I re-use jars - any type...spaghetti sauce, etc and use them to store things later, even left-overs.

farrah
by Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM

would you say its crazy to go to cvs like three or four times a week and stalk the group on cafemom and iheartcvs daily? I have just gotten into it and I think I may be officially addicted.

athenax3
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I reuse sandwich bags, I save the packets of condiments from fast food places in a tupperware bowel, napkin too for that matter, and I take my grocery store coupons to competing stores, either to double up on the product or to get the better quality stores meat for the cheap stores prices.

jdrsmom4eva
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 5:57 PM

we reuse sandwich bags, and food jars, also i use to keep the plastic cups form big gulps and taco bell and rinse them out and re use them

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

pregnancy

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

bigmamatrevino
by Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 6:00 PM

I do all of this except for the sandwich bags, But I shake the gas pump when I am done to make sure all the gas has come out of the nozzel, If no one is around  I will shake the hose :0) LOL

Quoting athenax3:

I reuse sandwich bags, I save the packets of condiments from fast food places in a tupperware bowel, napkin too for that matter, and I take my grocery store coupons to competing stores, either to double up on the product or to get the better quality stores meat for the cheap stores prices.

LuckyMom07
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 6:19 PM

We unplug all of the "energy vampires" in the house-basically anything that uses electricity that doesn't have to run 24/7. This means yes I have to plug in my coffee maker every morning, oh and if you leave your cell phone charger plugged in without a cell phone attached you better believe it is getting unplugged by someone else and it will be mentioned later.

lanckn
by Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I reuse sandwhich bags too.   I also shake the nozzle at the gas station, but have never shaken the hose.

I always pick up pennies that I find, they add up. I am surprised at how many people ignore them.

Amber070911
by Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I reuse sandwich bags, jars, and butter bowls(that is our tupperware). Straws from drinks when we are out and the cup to if it is plastic.

I too shake the nozel at the gas pump.

We reuse our towels at least twice before washing them again.

I save all condiment packs from restuarants and napkins.

I hang dry some of my laundry to save from using the dryer.

athenax3
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Quoting Amber070911:

I reuse sandwich bags, jars, and butter bowls(that is our tupperware). Straws from drinks when we are out and the cup to if it is plastic.

I too shake the nozel at the gas pump.

We reuse our towels at least twice before washing them again.

I save all condiment packs from restuarants and napkins.

I hang dry some of my laundry to save from using the dryer.

Yeppers, all of our storage bowels say country crock, lol....it's maddening as hell though when you are actually trying to find the butter! haha.

DreamReality
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Getting some ideas here..... Will have to try shaking the nozzle at the gas station, haven't done that one yet ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)