Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM
  • 56 Replies
  • 3362 Total Views

Poll

Question: Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

Options:

Yah! (Please Explain)

Nay! (Please Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 141

View Results

Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

Angel Food Ministries – some say it's the key to an affordable grocery bill, others say it's an all-round bad deal? What do you say?

Share your experiences with Angel Food Ministries by replying below.

About Angel Food Ministries:

Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization with a mission of providing affordable food and financial relief throughout the United States.

How It Works:

Each month Angel Food Ministries puts together a menu designed to feed a family of four for a week or a single individual for a month. They then sell the items on the menu in a box – referred to as a unit – at a deeply-discounted price. According to their website, a typical unit sells for $30, but has a retail value of around $60.

Who Is Eligible:

Everyone. There are no income requirements, applications to fill out or other qualifiers.

How to Order:

To order from Angel Food Ministries you'll need to locate a host site in your area (typically a church), and then place your order through the host site. Each host sets its own order deadline, pick up time and other program specifics.

What You'll Get:

The menu varies from month to month, but always includes a mix of fresh and frozen foods. Count on getting meats, fruits and vegetables, side dishes and a dessert item at minimum. You may purchase as many units as you would like – be it one unit or 10 – so the program can be tailored to your needs.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
The Deals & Steals Family
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
The Real Estate Market
Web Wizard Creations

Join the Movement to go Beyond a Cure!
Help us eradicate breast cancer once and for all. Join the
Army of Women today!

Weekend CLEARANCE Sale: up to 75% off! ShopAVON now & receive free shipping (Code: REPFS), a free gift & samples. Portion of profits go to Deals & Steals for Charity.

by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LacyJane86
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM

I get angel food from my mom best friend and it's soooo much cheaper and name brand foods!! LOVE IT!

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/LacyJane86
mommamiaria
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Angel Food is great. You get a lot for your money and we have enjoyed most everything.

Pinkstr56
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 12:27 PM

I have done this before and the food is really good and it is decently priced as well. I would suggest it to anyone.

LindseyAnne7
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 1:31 PM

i have heard a lot of people talking about this and i've been wondering if it's worth it as well...

.imperfection is beauty.

.madness is genius && it's better to be. 
              .absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

aidensmommy0727
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 1:41 PM

I am actually getting ready to go pick mine up in a few mins...It works for us since it's just hubby, our son, and I.

~Angelica

Loving Wife to Nathan & Proud Mommy to Aiden

Wyndi
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I tried it once and ended up giving away more than I kept. If you can use the food its a great bargine, otherwise I'll save my money

Do you have kids and pets or want to bring pets into your family? just click to follow me

Alison143
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I got it once also and thought it was pretty gross. My friend and my husband say I am picky , but you could tell the meat was cheap and nothing was good to me. But, I guess I am a bit picky about my food.

Alison- wife to Matt, mother to Kyra and Kady   

I sell Home Interiors! Shop with me at www.homeinteriors.com/alisonmaynard

sati769leigh
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM

the couple who runs it for where i live are CRAZY as LOOONS!! so nope. i dont like going anywhere near them.

my happiness is me not you, not only becuase you may be temporary, but because you want me to be what i am not.................michelle(leo buscalia book) 
admin Deals and Steals!
Group Owner Hot deals and saving money !! a place to discuss all hot deals you find and discuss shopping strategy, saving money, and using coupons! join us and save!http://www.cafemom.com/group/88042/

callansmomma
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Thought about doing it, but got guilted out of it.  It seems like a good deal.

Are you done with one?  Is your one a boy?  Want to chat with other Moms who are raising the only boy?  Then join my new group Raising the Only Boy.  Raising the Only Boy - CafeMom

Are you looking for quality hand knit children's items?  Check out my etsy shop for one of a kind hats and DRAGON scarves! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6060687  

ilazria
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:51 PM
I've tried it, but wasn't too thrilled. There were a lot of things in the main box that I just couldn't eat. The meat was good, but some of the other stuff was pretty scary looking. Plus, honestly, I can get better deals couponing, and get only stuff I need and want.

* 100 years from now, it won't matter how big your house was, or what kind of car you drove, but it will matter how you raised your kids.*

Ilazria

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)