Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

Options:

Yah! (Please Explain)

Nay! (Please Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 141

View Results

Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

Angel Food Ministries – some say it's the key to an affordable grocery bill, others say it's an all-round bad deal? What do you say?

Share your experiences with Angel Food Ministries by replying below.

About Angel Food Ministries:

Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization with a mission of providing affordable food and financial relief throughout the United States.

How It Works:

Each month Angel Food Ministries puts together a menu designed to feed a family of four for a week or a single individual for a month. They then sell the items on the menu in a box – referred to as a unit – at a deeply-discounted price. According to their website, a typical unit sells for $30, but has a retail value of around $60.

Who Is Eligible:

Everyone. There are no income requirements, applications to fill out or other qualifiers.

How to Order:

To order from Angel Food Ministries you'll need to locate a host site in your area (typically a church), and then place your order through the host site. Each host sets its own order deadline, pick up time and other program specifics.

What You'll Get:

The menu varies from month to month, but always includes a mix of fresh and frozen foods. Count on getting meats, fruits and vegetables, side dishes and a dessert item at minimum. You may purchase as many units as you would like – be it one unit or 10 – so the program can be tailored to your needs.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
The Deals & Steals Family
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
The Real Estate Market
Web Wizard Creations

Join the Movement to go Beyond a Cure!
Help us eradicate breast cancer once and for all. Join the
Army of Women today!

Weekend CLEARANCE Sale: up to 75% off! ShopAVON now & receive free shipping (Code: REPFS), a free gift & samples. Portion of profits go to Deals & Steals for Charity.

by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Replies (51-56):
bekitea
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM

This is just fyi---I recently heard that one of the guys who is supposed to be over the "not for profit" Angel Food Ministeries raised the grocery prices and bought himself a lear jet.  Up until then my family and I used Angel Food Ministries and appreciated the help with our monthly grocery bill.  The foods were always of good quality and until recently, good quantity.  Once again, please verify this for yourself even though I did get my info from a trusted source.

calebsmom0110
by Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM

My family won't eat the stuff...if they would, it would be a good price. I ended up giving away what I could and trashing the rest.

nikkik526
by Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Quoting bekitea:

This is just fyi---I recently heard that one of the guys who is supposed to be over the "not for profit" Angel Food Ministeries raised the grocery prices and bought himself a lear jet.  Up until then my family and I used Angel Food Ministries and appreciated the help with our monthly grocery bill.  The foods were always of good quality and until recently, good quantity.  Once again, please verify this for yourself even though I did get my info from a trusted source.

Even if this was true, it would only be for your area because Angel Food Ministeries is ran by different people in different places.

Stacie0803
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I voted no because the box we bought was not good, the chicken was fatty and had freezer burn and the fajita meat had an odd smell. It could be an area thing though because we have friends that love it.

MSOmom
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM

We never do Angel Food for two reasons.  One, my dd has a severe allergy to peanuts/tree nuts/soy, and I can not be sure the food will be safe for her without reading labels first.  I don't want to order and pay for something only to throw it out/give it away because it's unsafe for her.  Two, too much of the food is processed & factory farmed.  I go out of my way to avoid processed foods, MSG, artificial flavors/color/preservatives, and factory farmed meats/eggs.

mamabrie17
by Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM

It is a wonderful program & my family and I really enjoy the food !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)