Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WIN A GIFT & Help OUR Charity!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:08 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 4065 Total Views

Deals & Steals for Charity Giveaway!

Deals & Steals for Charity is attempting to help two families and an abuse shelter, but we need YOUR help!

Our first family is a struggling mom, in upstate New York, with two children trying to get out of an abusive relationship.  We are trying to come up with funds to help her get to a safe shelter.

Our second family is an elderly couple, in southeast Michigan.  Although, they own there home they are facing foreclosure due to back owed property taxes.  In the past year they have each lost a job and suffered serious illnesses, putting a huge strain on their financial situation.

The abuse center we are trying to help is located in Michigan and due to recent budget cuts they have lost lots of funding and are looking to the public for help.

So, we are going to conduct a giveaway.  In order to be eligible for the drawings (and to raise money for our families) please send a donation in any amount ($1, $2, $5, whatever).  For every donation received you will be entered into the drawing for some wonderful gifts.  Please write your full name, cafemom screenname and the gift pack drawing you would like to be entered in on a piece of paper.  If you would like to be entered in multiple drawings please include a seperate sheet with all your information and drawing you are interested in.  If you don't have a preference, I will randomly throw them in the hats.

For example:
Sheet of Paper 1:  Joyce Thompson - JHanc968,  $1 for $50 Jaded Robe gift card
Sheet of Paper 2:  Joyce Thompson - JHanc968,  $1 for $25 Wal-Mart gift card

Gift Pack 1:   $50 Jaded Robe Gift Card
Sponsored By:  www.jadedrobe.com

Gift Pack 2:   $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card
Sponsored By:  Real Vision Studio

Gift Pack 3:   $20 7-11 Gift Card

Gift Pack 4:   Sterling Silver & Gem Earrings (Retail Value: $55) (2 pair to give away)

Gift Pack 5:   Digital Photo Key Chain (Retail Value: $25)

Gift Pack 6:   Blink Smudge Cleaners & Tidy Totes, also Household Samples Bundle (Including Pledge, Shout & Fizzion)(Retail Value: $15)

Gift Pack 7:   Fashion earrings (2 pr) and bracelet from Avon (Retail Value: $25)
Sponsored By:  ShopAVON

Gift Pack 8:   Toiletrie Bundle (including Colgate, Degree & Sally Hansen)(Retail Value: $15)

Gift Pack 9:   Scrapbook Album & Supplies (Retail Value: $45)

Gift Pack 10:  Surreal by Avon - Eau De Toilette Spray (1.7 oz), Shower Gel & Shimmering Body Powder (Retail Value: $40)
Sponsored By:  ShopAVON

Gift Pack 11:   Notion & Embellishment Supplies (includes 12 fat quarters, 6yds of lace and many other notions and embellishments) (Retail Value: $35)
Sponsored By:  kileybug

Gift Pack 12:   $20 Ms. J Creations Gift Certificate.  Accessories for All Ages
Sponsored By:  sweetj

More Gift Packs Coming Soon!

Donate Via PayPal:

If you donate via PayPal, please send me a private message with the details and what drawings you want to be entered into.  Thank you!

Donate Via Snail Mail:

Please mail your donations to:
Deals & Steals for Charity
Attention:  Joyce Thompson
5686 Herbert
Westland, MI 48185

If you are writing a check, please make it payable to Joyce Thompson (put Deals & Steals for Charity in the memo line).  Please note we have not yet had enough funds to become non-profit (but we are trying), we have been using everything that comes in for struggling families.  So, technically this will not be able to be a tax decuction for you and I will be paying the taxes on it personally.  Thank you all so much for your support in these difficult economic times.

Please be sure to include your real name & cafemom screenname with your donation.  All entries will be drawn randomly.

Sponsors:

Real Vision Studio - We can SPIN your world!
Jaded Robe - Gifts & More
kileybug - Deals & Steals Generous Member
Ms. J Creations - Accessories for All Ages

If you are interested in being a sponsor (with your website listed here) and/or donating a gift pack, please contact me via private message.

If you are interested in helping but cannot afford to donate, please contact me via private message.  Spreading the word is very beneficial as well and will cost you nothing and give you a great feeling.

P.S. You can also help by shopping through my Avon website - a portion of the profits benefit Deals & Steals for Charity.  The Diapers.com deal also benefits charity recipients.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
The Deals & Steals Family
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

CLEARANCE ~ Up to 75% off! ~
ShopAVON now & receive free shipping (Code: REPFS), a free gift & samples. Portion of profits go to Deals & Steals for Charity.

WIN A GIFT & Help OUR Charity! - Deals & Steals For Charity Giveaway! 

by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Thanks to PiggyBug, I so appreciate your help.

I've added a PayPal button:

Donate Via PayPal:

If you donate via PayPal, please send me a private message with the details and what drawings you want to be entered into.  Thank you!

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

ShopAVON now & receive free shipping (Code: REPFS), a free gift & samples. Portion of profits go to Deals & Steals for Charity.

Save $10 on $49+ Order at Diapers.com
Code DEALSCM01

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Thank you prissmom for your VERY generous donation!

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

Code DEALSCM01

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Thank you Deb_Jones for your generous donation!

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

Code DEALSCM01

missmissy
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Wish I could help myself, but I feel that this is a wonderful and generous idea!!  So nice to see others helping those in need!

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Thank you kileybug for your generous donation!  I received it today in the mail.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Thank you icturner for your generous donation!

Every little bit helps ladies.  We have acquired $30.00 in donations so far.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Quoting PiggyBug:

No problem! I hope adding the PayPal option will bring in more donations for those in need!

Thank you so much, I sure hope it does.  I am especially worried about our first family in the abusive relationship.  She is taking the necessary steps, but it is so difficult to see how much they are struggling to get out of that life.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Feb. 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM

If you are interested in helping but cannot afford to donate, please contact me via private message.  Spreading the word is very beneficial as well and will cost you nothing and give you a great feeling.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

dawnyz
by Member on Apr. 18, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I will be mailing you something today. this is a wonderful idea and we do the same thing in another group tooo, Iam so proud of all the women willing to help out other woman and I have seen so much love and kindness in this group and others so I will be send you something. Thank for doing this you really are an angel on earth. HUGS 

texaslioness24
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Has the elderly couple looked into a "Reverse Mortgage"--the only thing that I know is that if you over age 65 (( I think) and own your own home--Maybe it is something to suggest to them--LR

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)