Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rental Car

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 550 Total Views

Rental Car

Any tips on getting a good deal on a rental car? The last time I checked prices I was shocked at how much they have gone up. Need a minivan or SUV for an upcoming trip to TN.

~Kate~

http://www.cafemom.com/group/friendshipgarden

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have"

by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peppermintmocha
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Good luck. I have been  looking all over for a good deal. The one thing you might want to do is contact a car dealership. I know that they rent cars in my town and WAY WAY WAY cheaper than a rental place.

MegaMamaTX
by Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Check Hotwire.com - you can rent a car for as cheap as $13/day.

I just did a quick quote and it gave me cheapest of $17/day for the dates I selected. Not bad!

MusikMama
by Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I can't find nothing for under $43 a day.........damn Michigan

~Kate~

http://www.cafemom.com/group/friendshipgarden

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have"

sanatchison
by Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM

We use Priceline, where you Bid what you want to pay, and got a rental for $11 a day, give it a try, we used it for our hotel too, and ended up with the Regency Club Foor at the Hyatt for $35 a night...That sold me!!!!

Jennifer02
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM

When are you going, Kate? Chuck is a rental car agent.  It's an older fleet, but PM me and I'll see what he's got! 

mommyshortstuff
by Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I've found that Alamo and National has reasonable rates. 

But we did hotwire and got a nice SUV for $13 in Orlando.

Come on over and check out my blog…http://frugalfelicia.blogspot.com/

1traciw
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 8:18 AM

You will have plenty of leverage depending on the time of year you are traveling. Rental car companies are suffering right now, and they may upgrade or be willing to charge you less depending on the time of year you are going and how busy there rental fleet is. Also look for coupons on sites like retailmenot.com. Users submit the coupons and you can find free upgrade coupons, etc. Good luck.

Justeen62
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I usually get the best deal from AVIS.  If you do it over the internet it's sometimes cheaper.  Do you belong to AAA?  I know they have a lot of deals, but I don't know who it's with.

good luck!

Justine

DJJOJO
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 9:34 AM

i live in pearsisburg va. i rent cars about every 6 mn.to 1yr. to go to my away dr. visit. there is a ford garage ( small one) right down below my home. they are connected with enterprise. they seem reasonable i can get a mid-size for 50 more less now for 2 days. and if u get it on fri. i thik they will let u keep it over the wk. end freeeeeee..  so if its for moving get it on friday if you use ENTERPRISE

Bubblegranny
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM

ALAMO  has always come in with under anyone.  even if you have to call direct... it pays to negocialte..

Blessings,

sunglasses miniNew Grammy.... 3 and a half months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)