Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad news on a Free magazine...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 1135 Total Views

It looks like the Kraft Food & Family magazine will no longer be free. I have recieved this magazine for over 4 years for free. So imagine my shock when I opened my mailbox to see my magazine wrapped in plastic, which made my happy cause, as you know, they like to throw in other freebies. But no such luck this time. Instead I got a bill from Kraft Foods. Ya it is only for $6.99 but come on. Money has been tight for me because hubby isn't traveling much. So it looks like this is going to be my last free issue.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommagann
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:07 AM

That sucks..its been a while since I've gotten the magazine..BUT I loved it! I thought it was great. ..when I did get the magazine, I did buy the Kraft brand items needed to prepare the recipes...seems like they paid for the free magazine that way....at least mine (: Have you checked out the website? I LOVE it, I'm overseas now, so, I love being able to get online and see what ideas I can get! ..its kraftfoods.com Thanks for sharing! Take care!!

iluvmy4grls
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM

i know. i have been getting that mag for about 10 years. When it first came out. i went to change my address and it said it would be 6.99. i thought there had to be some mistake. oh well. i love it so i am going to pay it.

Buddyboosmom
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I changed my addy recently and I didn't see anything about it costing money.

sandie66
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM

This is what comes up on their website:

Yes! Get 1 year of food&family for $13.98. PLUS you'll get a
FREE copy of our Best-Loved Recipes Cookbook.

Babykitty
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:30 AM

I get emails from them and read every single one of them. I love the emails just as much as the magazine. But come on (like another mother pointed out) $13.98 for 4 magazines. Even $6.99 is high for only 4 magazines. That's $3.00 an issue. They cost $3.95 an issue without a subscriptions. Not a good enough deal for me.

Chele1313
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Oh this is sad, i loved that mag. i was just looking at some old copies last night, i saved a few and pulled what i wanted out of others....sorry to see it cost now....maybe we should tell Kraft our feelings....

At least we still have the website , which i visit at least twice a week.

redneckcple
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I just received my mag in the mail today and it didn't have anything attached to it saying they were going to start charging for it!

kimber2465
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:24 PM

i just got mine today- and there was nothing about having to pay-mmmm and i am going to have to do a change of address later!!!

Mitchmom3
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:16 PM

MIne was still free this month. I wonder if its because you have received it for so long?

ktleigh
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I called with a change of address a few months ago, they said they are going to start charging in cycles, eventually we'll all be paying :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)