Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont get it?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 587 Total Views

How do people go into a store & come out with like $50 worth of stuff for free or close to it?..I have no clue how to use coupons that way!..lol..please help!Thank you:)

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharcura
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:25 AM

I would love to know too!!

threeboysmama
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM

i have no idea either. i need like step by step instructions on how to do this!!

rkoloms
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:34 AM

www.freelancebyu.com is a great place to start

Robin in Chicago

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM

You should join our sister group, Deals & Steals Coupon Swappers, and start with the Coupon University.

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
The Deals & Steals Family
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

Summer Clearance ~ Up to 65% off!
~ ShopAVON now & receive free shipping (Code: REPFS), a free gift & samples. Portion of profits go to Deals & Steals for Charity.

WIN A GIFT & Help OUR Charity! - Deals & Steals For Charity Giveaway!

CynthiaS102
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I am by no means an expert, in fact, more of a novice. But things like I tried the other day can be quite successful:

I bought a boxed deal of Gillette items--Fusion razor, full sized Gillette body wash, a full sized  shampoo,  and deodorant and a few travel sized items. It was a 'special price' of $10. I was allowed to use a coupon for the razor--$4, one for the shampoo/ $2, one for the deodorant/$1 and one for the body wash $2. SO the price of all in the box was a dollar.....PLUS, I had a coupon for buy a shampoo get a body wash free, a coupon for buy a razor get a shampoo free, and so on.

This was at WalMart and a CSM checked me out. She said if the register would allow it to 'take' then it must be acceptable.

Vocalpoint (online source) sends me excellent coupons on a regular basis. I also follow the Proctor and Gamble coupons in the Sunday paper and on their site. Last year I found the mail-in for $120 worth of coupons with mailed in receipt showing specific items purchased.  Just so happened I had coupons for those items at that time.

Our area doesn't offer double/triple coupons so I rarely use small value coupons.

Good luck, ladies. It feels really good to be able to walk out with the goods and part with as little money as possible.

calebsmom0110
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I can't believe they let you use all those coupons on a specially priced boxed set of items.  Since it is priced and sold as one item, I'm pretty sure at the most, you should have only been able to use one coupon.

(Quoting CynthiaS102:

I am by no means an expert, in fact, more of a novice. But things like I tried the other day can be quite successful:

I bought a boxed deal of Gillette items--Fusion razor, full sized Gillette body wash, a full sized  shampoo,  and deodorant and a few travel sized items. It was a 'special price' of $10. I was allowed to use a coupon for the razor--$4, one for the shampoo/ $2, one for the deodorant/$1 and one for the body wash $2. SO the price of all in the box was a dollar.....PLUS, I had a coupon for buy a shampoo get a body wash free, a coupon for buy a razor get a shampoo free, and so on.

This was at WalMart and a CSM checked me out. She said if the register would allow it to 'take' then it must be acceptable.

Vocalpoint (online source) sends me excellent coupons on a regular basis. I also follow the Proctor and Gamble coupons in the Sunday paper and on their site. Last year I found the mail-in for $120 worth of coupons with mailed in receipt showing specific items purchased.  Just so happened I had coupons for those items at that time.

Our area doesn't offer double/triple coupons so I rarely use small value coupons.

Good luck, ladies. It feels really good to be able to walk out with the goods and part with as little money as possible.

breastfeedingin lovetoddler boy

Aviana13
by Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:28 PM

My daughter uses refundcents.com & gets so much free stuff it's incredible! the extra stuff they can't use (extra razors, soap, shampoo, etc.) they make up shoeboxes for homeless or soldiers or somebody around the holidays.

good

catsrock
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I don't get it either. The only things I can ever get for free at the grocery store are like shampoo and toothpaste. I think I got Hamburger Helper for free a few months ago too. I seriously need to research the grocery stuff. I spend WAY too much. Almost 200 a week.

My blog about freebies, shopping, and more:  http://www.calicocash.com/

(Don't forget to enter my giveaway)

iamaimee
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 2:49 AM

I use them too!! They are the best!! It costs to subscribe, but it's only like $1/mo. WELLLLLL worth it. Don't waste your money on things like grocery game.

Refundcents has a "Centsible chat"  section where people share some great finds. I love this site and have no use for any of the others anymore.!!!!

Quoting Aviana13:

My daughter uses refundcents.com & gets so much free stuff it's incredible! the extra stuff they can't use (extra razors, soap, shampoo, etc.) they make up shoeboxes for homeless or soldiers or somebody around the holidays.

good

mommy_erin
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 3:00 AM

There is a lady who has become kinda famous for this and she was on Oprah a while back showing how she did it.  She was able to use double or triple coupons which made a huge impact, we can't do that here.  Though I have been able to safe upto about a third off of my grocery receipt but usually 25% just doing smart shopping and using whatever coupons I may have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)