Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a free site to help Lose Weight

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 445 Total Views

Does anyone know of any free websites where I can go to get help with losing weight? Especially one where I can make "friends" online that are doing it as well so I have that support ya know!

Charlene

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvmi2girls
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I'm a member of SparkPeople.com.  The site is totally free and has lots of groups to join online friends.  I'm on that site a lot!

This is from  their  "Spread the Spark" email:

SparkPeople is the world's largest healthy living community with a free online diet and fitness program. SparkPeople is helping millions of people achieve their goals every single day!

Whether you want to lose weight, tone up, live a healthier lifestyle or reach other goals, SparkPeople can help--and it's 100% FREE!

SparkPeople is free because REAL people like you, are getting REAL results and spreading the word to their friends and families!

By Joining SparkPeople You Get:

- Calorie Counter & Meal Plans: Take the guesswork out of what to eat with these powerful customizable tools.
- Personalized Fitness Plan & Exercise Demos: Burn calories and tone your muscles with routines you can do at home or at the gym, plus online exercise videos.
- Active Support Message Boards: Get help from thousands of other people like you who are losing weight with SparkPeople.
- Advice From Our Experts: Our programs are designed by registered dieticians and personal trainers, who are also there to answer your questions.
- Member Created Goal Teams: Find others with similar goals and work towards success together.
- Recipes, Articles, Tips and More: Thousands of articles and over 60,000 recipes to learn more about eating right, staying active, and sticking to your program.

JHanc968
by Group Owner on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Quoting luvmi2girls:

I'm a member of SparkPeople.com.  The site is totally free and has lots of groups to join online friends.  I'm on that site a lot!

This is from  their  "Spread the Spark" email:

SparkPeople is the world's largest healthy living community with a free online diet and fitness program. SparkPeople is helping millions of people achieve their goals every single day!

Whether you want to lose weight, tone up, live a healthier lifestyle or reach other goals, SparkPeople can help--and it's 100% FREE!

SparkPeople is free because REAL people like you, are getting REAL results and spreading the word to their friends and families!

By Joining SparkPeople You Get:

- Calorie Counter & Meal Plans: Take the guesswork out of what to eat with these powerful customizable tools.
- Personalized Fitness Plan & Exercise Demos: Burn calories and tone your muscles with routines you can do at home or at the gym, plus online exercise videos.
- Active Support Message Boards: Get help from thousands of other people like you who are losing weight with SparkPeople.
- Advice From Our Experts: Our programs are designed by registered dieticians and personal trainers, who are also there to answer your questions.
- Member Created Goal Teams: Find others with similar goals and work towards success together.
- Recipes, Articles, Tips and More: Thousands of articles and over 60,000 recipes to learn more about eating right, staying active, and sticking to your program.

This is the BEST site out there!!

♥Joyce♥
ShopAVON
The Deals & Steals Family
Marketing Your Business
Metro Detroit Moms
Web Wizard Creations

Summer Clearance ~ Up to 65% off!
~ ShopAVON now & receive free shipping (Code: REPFS), a free gift & samples. Portion of profits go to Deals & Steals for Charity.

WIN A GIFT & Help OUR Charity! - Deals & Steals For Charity Giveaway!

jessd12a
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Sounds good! I am going to try this site!

bouncing mom

Mazarati_2003
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I use to be on the Spark site...I used it for a few weeks and fell off the banwagon :-(....if you do it stick to it...I wish I had. Now I had my 2nd child I might just revist!!

Thanks for the post! 

mcdlady1
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 10:42 AM

The spark site is the best post often and don't get overwhelmed there is lots of info on there.  If you can join a local team--I'm a leader and we have get togethers for fun exercise and some of us walk daily or hit the gym together

Anniefofannie
by Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I just signed up and it looks great so far!  Thanks for the information.  I have lost some weight but have lost motivation and maybe this will help me get back on track. 

workingfromhome
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hey ladies, I just wanted to add the site that I just joined, it's called mytrainerbob.com, it is bob harper's blog and forum from the biggest loser. So far it's great. I is user friendly and it has the forum to get your support. I think this site and bob's approach reminds me a lot of weight watchers. Good luck

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

Shyanne Lamb

Shyanne_lamb@yahoo.com

Baby Diaper Bags

momt2
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Dottie's weight loss zone is another great site.  It's free and there are lots of interestering things.   Good recipes, and a buddy site.

mrtoddswoman
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 9:46 AM

theres a group on here called Healthy Weight Loss 

hope this helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)