Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Satan's Lies to Families (Part One)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

Satan's Lies to Families (Part One)

John 8:44
He [the devil] was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

The "Desert Storm" conflict that Saddam Hussein fueled a few years ago caused me to reflect on the spiritual battle that daily swirls around your family and ours.

Families don't seem to talk about spiritual battle much. Our enemy is unseen. The theater for operations and battles-our souls (our minds, emotions and will)-does not appear on any map. Maybe it sounds a little too mystical for us to think of life being more than what is seen, but the Bible says spiritual battle is real. And what is at stake is of the utmost importance.

Joe Louis, one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time, was once asked about the secret of his success. Lewis responded by saying that he and his manager always studied each opponent thoroughly. As a result, Louis said, he was seldom surprised and was able to stay on the offensive throughout the entire fight.

I feel that too many Christians are uninformed about Satan and his tactics. As a result, many are living defensive, shell-shocked lifestyles. I want to help you stay on the offensive and win your family's encounters with the adversary by learning one of his primary strategies.

A good friend, Ney Bailey, made a profound statement about our spiritual adversary, Satan, and his daily tactics on our spiritual lives: "The only power that Satan has is in his lies and getting us to believe them."

It was interesting to watch how Saddam Hussein used lies to intimidate, create fear and keep us off balance in battle. In the first 24 hours of the ground war offensive, Baghdad radio reported that, "Allied troops were dying like flies." I felt afraid. I just knew he had killed thousands of our troops with chemical and biological weapons. I felt that perhaps this ground war is not such a good idea after all; maybe we should pull out and go home.

But I was believing a lie. It was only as the truth became clear, that my fears were relieved: Our forces were achieving overwhelming victory.

Satan knows better than Saddam Hussein that his real power in your life is through his lies.

Prayer:

In prayer resist the devil-the promise is he will flee from you. Ask God to help you recognize your real enemy, spot the lies and grow in faith.
Discuss: How frequently do you doubt God's Word? What lies undermine your faith in God and His Word?
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)