Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LEFTOVER RECIPES

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 1761 Total Views

CHECK OUT THESE PREVIOUS GROUP POSTS WITH SOME AWESOME IDEAS FOR LEFTOVERS!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/27504/forums/search_posts.php?keyword=leftovers&days=0&submit=search

PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITE LEFTOVER RECIPES!

by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isolde_8
by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM

thanks so much for all the great recipes !you rock

Jodie269
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

I love it when I have some leftover meatloaf.  I put layers of sliced meatloaf,slices of onion &layers of thin sliced potatoes in a loaf pan. then put cream of mushroom soup over it and bake for about 30 minutes at 350^ degrees  in the oven.  You can also use tomato soup or cream of celery.                    

elasmimi
by on Dec. 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM

With leftover pot roast, (if there is any) I chop it up the next day. make gravy, add a can of mushrooms, and serve it like an open faced sandwich with mashed potatoes and slaw.

With leftover ham, I sneak a vegetable in on dh and Ela. DH doesn't eat pickles, so I make ham salad with grated carrots. Just grind the ham and then the carrots in a food processor, add mayo to taste. and it's a quick easy meal or sandwich.

reddforsyth
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:47 PM

White rice left over from either a meal or take out can make a great breakfast/snack. 

Leftover white rice + milk + pumpkin pie spice + sugar/honey + microwave high 3 mins (stir every minute)= delicious!

Habibti812
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:29 PM

There is a dish I make called "Makluba" *upside down dish* It has Chicken, Rice, Chickpeas, potatoes, and fried cauliflauer. I like to make a type of stir fry with the leftovers putting it in a pan and frying it up with some brown gravy.. It changes the taste and is a big hit with my hubby and kids!

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Bmat
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Quoting Jodie269:

I love it when I have some leftover meatloaf.  I put layers of sliced meatloaf,slices of onion &layers of thin sliced potatoes in a loaf pan. then put cream of mushroom soup over it and bake for about 30 minutes at 350^ degrees  in the oven.  You can also use tomato soup or cream of celery.                    

I agree about leftover meatloaf.  Thanks for the recipe, Jodie! I'd try it today only I don't have potatoes and can't get out, but I am going to record the recipe and try it. My husband loves meatloaf, and I think he'd really enjoy this.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

MomBo23
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Hi I'm Leanne. 

My favorite casserole is to take my leftover meat whether it's turkey, roast beef, ham and my leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, layer them with gravy on the top and put a layer of cheese on the top. You bake this at 350 degrees for 30 min. This recipes better than every thing separately.

I found this by accident when I didn't have any plans for dinner and those leftovers in the frig. Now I plan to do this casserole anytime I make those things.

Warmly, Leanne

Mombo23holding ornaments

Jodie269
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Left over Pot Roast makes wonderfull Hot roast Beef Sandwiches.  Make a Brown Gravey or buy the mix spoon over the pot roast that has been sliced thin.

elasmimi
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I don't know how to make a small pot of chili, so we always have leftovers. To make it a little different the second night, I serve it over rice.

CafeMom Tickers
Peanut_Butter
by on May. 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I like to take my leftover turkey or chicken, shred it and stew it in gravy mix I buy from the grocery store, I pour it over mashed potatoes.

( You can do this with strips of steak too, its SOOOO good)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)