Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LEFTOVER RECIPES

Posted by   + Show Post

CHECK OUT THESE PREVIOUS GROUP POSTS WITH SOME AWESOME IDEAS FOR LEFTOVERS!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/27504/forums/search_posts.php?keyword=leftovers&days=0&submit=search

PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITE LEFTOVER RECIPES!

by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Replies (11-15):
chunkiemunkie
by on May. 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I too always make way too much chili.

I mix the left overs with some cheese and cooked elbow macaroni, then bake it untill it's warmed through and bubbly. If I have left over cornbread I sprinkle that on top like breadcrumbs with a little melted butter. YUM!

jw73005
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM

We always have leftover chicken so I'm forever trying to find ways to make it "new".  Tonight I'm going to make chicken noodle soup with it!  Just chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and add it to chicken stock, carrots, celery and egg noodles.  Yum!

Inkdmomma
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:55 PM

With left over plain rice (brown or white) I make my gmas "mock" fried rice. I get the rice heat it up, in a pan I cook pieces of ham.

I put in a pan garlic, oil, and the rice and cook for a sec then add the beat egg, then ham and any veggies I have (peas and carrots are always good). I cook then enjoy!

kamsmom62209
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I'm the same way with chili! lol too funny I like to put it over baked potatoes with sour cream cheese and jalapeno slices its soo good or corn chips if i dont have any potatoes.

I also do this with left over taco meat, just top your baked potato with taco meat cheese sour cream onions lettuce and hot sauce we call them taco potatoes lol they are delicious! and cheap.

tyandlukesmom
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I use the leftover roasts and the vegetable made with them to make stews and add dumplings to the top. My boys love the dumplings and they don't even realize it was all leftovers except for the dumplings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN