Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mung Bean Noodles

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

Just curious if any of you ladies cook with these glorious transparent noodles?

I got a pack of them from the grocery store to try them out. Any tried and true recipes?

Right now I'm just trying it with ham and mix vegetables in a noodle soup concoction. Not too bad.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I would give you my fave recipe for them, but the ingredients would take finding a really good Korean grocery store lol.  One thing you can try, it's not usually made with them, but a noodle very similar and it will work, it's call Japchae (pronounced chop chay)  

1 pkg noodles - soaked in hot water just until it starts to soften.  

1 thin sliced med onion  

1 carrot thinly julienned 

1 bunch spinach chopped up, or even a bag of frozen works, 

7 shitake mushrooms, canned can be used also 

10 oz thinly sliced beef  -  marinated in 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs sugar, 1 tbs sesame oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, dash of pepper

3 green onions chopped 

oil to saute 

salt and pepper 

2 tbs sesame seeds 

Noodle seasoning - 1 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tbs sesame oil, 2 tbs soy sauce, 4 tbs veg oil

The veggies all get cooked seperately - so saute onions, remove to a large bowl, then the same with gr onions, then carrots, then mushrooms, and fally cook the beef.  Then add the noodle seasoning and noodles, bring to boil and allow the noodles to absorb the water.  Once they are cooked through and the water is gone add them to the veggie bowl, mix together and enjoy.

Pregnancy%20ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)