Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cereal Recipes?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

I don't want my cereal to stale and have to throw it out.  I'm trying to come up with things to make with them.  I need to use my Kix, Cheerios, Life, Golden Grahams and Rice Krispies. 

I just made cookies with my Kashi Go Lean Crunch and I'm making Rice Krispy Treats in a few minutes.  I don't know what to do with the other cereals.  I don't have anything else to make like a Chex Mix or trail mix type thing. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Robyn218
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Id use them all in the rice krispy treats.

BabyDollMama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I don't know the recipe, but I know there is one out there for Golden Grahams cookies/brownies. I've had them before and they are DELICIOUS! I'll look and see if I can find the recipe.

BabyDollMama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM
mommamiaria
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crispix Mix

1 package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/4 cup peanut butter
6 cups Kellogg's Crispix cereal
1 cup powdered sugar

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at "high" for 1 minute. Stir andheat for an additional 30 seconds at "high" or until melted. Stir in peanutbutter.

Gently stir in the Kellogg's Crispix cereal into chocolate-peanutbutter mixture, until well coated. Pour mixture into large bag withsugar, then gently shake until well coated.

*This recipe was submitted by Julie.

Peanutty Butter No-Bake Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
2 cups peanut butter
4 cups of your favorite cereal (Special K, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Cheerios)

Combine sugar and corn syrup. Boil for one minute. Add peanut butter then add cereal. Drop one at a time onto waxed paper with a spoon to form a "lump". Let cool on counter or in fridge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)