Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nachos for dinner! But...how?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 313 Total Views

A while ago I made nachos for dinner, just microwaved cheese, taco meat and olives on top of doritos. Super yummy, but I want to make them better. I just don't know how. I want to bake them in the oven, but all the recipes I find are in the microwave or broiler. And I have no idea how to use my broiler. Does anyone have a recipe for nachos from the oven? Thanks in advance!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BabyDollMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

BUMP!

starryeyez23
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I joined just to reply to this. I use a pizza pan.Pre heat the oven to 400. I put the chips on first,I use regular tortilla chips. I use diced already cooked chicken breast.Olives,jalepenos, and whatever else we want on there. Top it with cheese and bake it untill the cheese is melted. so delicious.

My3LittleGirls
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Yep!  What she said!!!  I never use my broiler for nachos because if there is a chip that doesn't get much cheese it will burn on the edges and my kids cannot stand that.  So I always bake them when I make them in the oven.  I use taco meat or diced chicken breast that I hve cooked with fajita seasoning or taco seasoning.  Then we do tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and sometimes some cilantro depending on the mood.  Top with cheese and pop it in the oven until cheese is melted.  It's awesome!

shandar.r.
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM

get that nacho cheese in a can.  i'ts sooooo yummy.  it will change your life!  i would just warm the cheese, adn anything else you  want on them, meat and so on and then poor it over the chips.  i also just use torilla chips, but doritos sounds yummy!  so thanks for the idea!  just layer it all on, and YUMMY.  this way you can make it on each persons plate, and they could even build there own nachos

AuntieV
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM

If you line your pan with foil (shiney side up) before you load everything on it you will have a  quick clean up. The foil will reflect the heat up into the chips and cheese so it melts faster.  (I hate trying to ge burnt on, melted cheese off of a pan)

rkoloms
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I make nachos in the oven; I put parchment paper on a cookie sheet; I use baked tortilla chips, refried beans and shredded cheddar. I serve with chopped jalapenos; sliced black olives and avocado salad

Avocado Salad
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped cilantro leaves
salt and
freshly ground pepper to taste
2 big ripe avocado(s) peeled and sliced
1 big red bell pepper(s)
1 big cucumber(s)
2 big tomato(es)
1 cup(s)
corn kernels cooked
In a bowl mix the honey, lemon juice, cilantro leaves,
salt and pepper to make the dressing for the salad.
Cut the red bell pepper(s), cucumber(s) and tomato(es) into long thin strips. In a big salad bowl, toss the vegetables, avocado slices, corn and the dressing with a light hand. Refrigerate.
TIPS: It is important that the avocados be very ripe and soft. Always refrigerate a salad to chill well before serving. Serve cold

Robin in Chicago

WifeyC
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM

We make our own nachos at the table so we can have what we want on them.  For the cheese, I buy the white cheese (like they serve in Mexican restaurants) that you melt down in the microwave.  Add meat to the chips, pour the white cheese on top, and then add whatever other toppings you like including shredded cheese. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)