Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT'S YOUR MENU FOR WEEK OF 6/13/10? PLEASE POST THEM HERE. THANK YOU!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 571 Total Views

Sunday -  Baked chicken breasts, Broccoli, noodles

Monday - Pasta with fresh tomato & basil, garlic bread

Tuesday - Tacos

Wednesday - Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Homemade Coleslaw

Thursday - Homemade chicken soup & grilled cheese sandwiches

Friday - Pizza & Salad

Saturday - Barbecued baby baby ribs, coleslaw & corn

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I need to get as organized as you! It sounds sooo simple looking it laid out this way, but when it comes time to really doing it and sticking to it, I fail!!! miserably!!!

Cenchan
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Sunday - Tuna Noodle Casserole

Monday - Subs and Macaroni Salad

Tuesday - Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

Wednesday - Manwich Casserole

Thursday - Mexican Slow-cooked Pork

Friday - Tacos

Saturday - Ribs with leftovers (If we don't game)

Quoting Precious333:

I need to get as organized as you! It sounds sooo simple looking it laid out this way, but when it comes time to really doing it and sticking to it, I fail!!! miserably!!!

If you want to do this, I suggest getting together all your recipes. The way I found to be the easiest way to do it is come up with "themes" for the days. For us we have "Simple Sunday", "Meatless Monday" (this week, we were going to have eggplant au gratin, but the ones at the store were horrible so we just picked up a sub instead), "Teriyaki Tuesday", "Casserole Wednesday", "Slow-cook Thursday", "Festive Friday" (something colorful or "fast food" Friday where we make what we would normally go out to buy, like burgers, tacos, pizza, fried chicken...). We normally go to a friend's house on Saturday, so we don't really make anything. I guess you could call that "slumming Saturday".

Write down all your recipes in a book by title and by type (chicken, vegetarian, beef, slow cook -- but don't limit the one recipe for one category, put a recipe in the book as many times as it fits eg: slow cook chicken under both slow cook and chicken), then one day a week sit down and match it up. Doing it this way helps us a lot when it comes to keeping fresh vegetables and fruit in the house because one day a week we go out shopping instead of how my husband like to do it -- once a month. Since our local store doesn't have weekly advertisements of what's on sale, I tend to buy the meat that is on sale that week for next week, freeze it and that's another way I figure out what to make the next week. I just started doing this 3 weeks ago and I can tell you, it's helped so much to reduce stress for me! (And we buy a lot less "incase we need it" things.)

Posting it here gives me the inspiration to keep it up -- as well as the fresh fruit and veggies all month instead of running out in the beginning and having none until next month. Money saved and stress relief is also a good incentive for me too!

mommamiaria
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Quoting Precious333:

We have been really struggling and a little over a year ago I made a resolution to try and save money on groceries. Making a menu & planning ahead has been so helpful. I clip my coupons from Sunday's paper, check out what stores are having great sales, get my recipes together, make a list and go shopping. I found that some stores mark down meats, milk and other items mid week. I am lucky to have a lot of choices as we have United Grocery, Aldi's, Kroger, Publix & Walmart to choose from. I also shop at Dollar General & dollar stores for paper goods, cleaning products & toiletries. I am not as organized as I could be but it is definitely working.

SamMom912
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Hubby is away this week M-Th... OUT, OUT, OUT!!!! Mmmm. pizza, chinese... and Wed.. not sure!! No cooking... :)

makennasmommy79
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Sunday: Grilled lemon-pepper turkey cutlets, fried potatoes and onion, broccoli w/cheese

Monday: Herb-roasted chicken over salad greens w/vinaigrette, potato salad and dinner rolls

Tuesday: Chicken and wild rice casserole (using leftover chicken)

Wednesday: (grocery day) Club sandwiches, fries or chips

Thursday: Creamy Beef Enchiladas Verde (maybe)

Friday: Baked Honey-mustard chicken, potatoes, salad or corn

Saturday: Maybe dinner out!

**Cenchan- What is your Manwich casserole recipe??

little flower

Cenchan
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I'll preface it by saying my husband calls it "glorified batchor chow" ;) Hubby loves the stuff, so did my brother when my mom made it. Super simple:

1 box mac-n-cheese (I add some extra elbow mac)
1 can manwich
1 lb ground beef
1 can mushrooms
1 med. onion
American Cheese slices

Boil the noodles for the mac-n-cheese (until al dante). Brown the meat with the onion. (Season the meat with whatever you wish, I typically always brown meat with a dash of salt and garlic powder) add the mushrooms and manwich. Take the cheese powder mix and add it straight in as powder. Drain noodles when done and add this to your meat sauce. Put in a casserole dish and place in a 350 degree oven for around 20 minutes. Pull out, put american cheese slices on top, put back in for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is all melted.

I'll be doing a variation because we don't buy mac-n-cheese anymore. We just buy elbow mac and powdered cheese sauce mix from bulk bins at our WinCo. I haven't decided if I will be just adding it straight up as the powder like in the above recipe, or if I will mix it with water first. We'll see. Also, I'll be using colby-jack cheese instead of american cheese slices. Technically, any melty cheese you have on hand will do. :)

Quoting makennasmommy79:

elasmimi
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Sunday- grilled tilapia, orzo with carrots

Monday- blue cheese burgers, new potatoes, green beans

Tuesday- parmesan chicken, buttered noodles, peas

Wednesday- hamburgers, chips, baked beans

Thursday- spaghetti, tossed salad

Friday- steak, baked potatoes, corn on cob

Saturday- shrimp and corn salad, key lime cupcakes

CafeMom Tickers
tennisgal
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM

OP, can I get your baked chicken recipes. I found a great local source for chickens, so I'm looking for some really good chicken recipes.

makennasmommy79
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Yum! That sounds so good! I'll be trying that this week sometime! Thanks;)

Quoting Cenchan:

I'll preface it by saying my husband calls it "glorified batchor chow" ;) Hubby loves the stuff, so did my brother when my mom made it. Super simple:

1 box mac-n-cheese (I add some extra elbow mac)
1 can manwich
1 lb ground beef
1 can mushrooms
1 med. onion
American Cheese slices

Boil the noodles for the mac-n-cheese (until al dante). Brown the meat with the onion. (Season the meat with whatever you wish, I typically always brown meat with a dash of salt and garlic powder) add the mushrooms and manwich. Take the cheese powder mix and add it straight in as powder. Drain noodles when done and add this to your meat sauce. Put in a casserole dish and place in a 350 degree oven for around 20 minutes. Pull out, put american cheese slices on top, put back in for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is all melted.

I'll be doing a variation because we don't buy mac-n-cheese anymore. We just buy elbow mac and powdered cheese sauce mix from bulk bins at our WinCo. I haven't decided if I will be just adding it straight up as the powder like in the above recipe, or if I will mix it with water first. We'll see. Also, I'll be using colby-jack cheese instead of american cheese slices. Technically, any melty cheese you have on hand will do. :)

Quoting makennasmommy79:

Never has such a tiny person changed the heart and soul of two people...

Anonymous

momofsix317
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Sunday- chicken and rice casserole

Monday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn

Tuesday- pork roast, carrots, potatoes in the crockpot

Wednesday-hot dogs, mac and cheese, cucumber salad

Thursday- home made pizza

Friday- Applebees

Saturday- steak, salad, baked potatoes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)