Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome New Members. Introduce yourself here.

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 6:35 AM
  • 887 Replies
  • 14575 Total Views

If you love to cook or are just learning you have come to the right place. I am so glad you joined. Please take a moment to say hello and introduce yourself. Let us know what you are looking for or what you would like to see here. How can we make this group better and continue to grow? Your ideas are welcome and appreciated. Check out the sticky notes for recipes in several categories. Please add your favorites. Thanks so much. I look forward to sharing and getting to know you better. Have a wonderful day.

I'll start. I am Maria. I am happily married with one teenage daughter. I did not learn to cook until I became a stay at home Mom 13 years ago. I love cooking for my picky family and I am still learning.

by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennie78332
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 7:25 AM
i'm jennifer and mom to five yr. old girl, a baby boy in feb. and hubby. i mostly cook for me and my little girl hubby does alot of traveling with work. so i like quick and easy recipes for us when he isn't here.

VickieLM
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 7:26 AM
Hi Maria!

I am Vickie.  I have been married to Ken for a little over a year now.  I have a 16 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. We live in Texas.  I work full-time at a law firm, with an hour commute each way.  I love to cook when I have time.  I love to read, collect and try new recipes.  Quick and easy recipes are what I need for during the week.  On the weekends, when we don't have other plans,  more time-consuming recipes are good.  When I have a chance on the weekends, I like to have a cooking day and cook several things either to freeze for future meals or to have for the following week.  Thanks for the invitation.  I look forward to getting and sharing some great recipes with everyone!

Vickie
mommamiaria
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2007 at 7:50 AM

Quoting jennie78332:

i'm jennifer and mom to five yr. old girl, a baby boy in feb. and hubby. i mostly cook for me and my little girl hubby does alot of traveling with work. so i like quick and easy recipes for us when he isn't here.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for joining. I could use all of the help I can get to get this group going since I don't know what I am doing. I would love to make this group different and unique somehow but I am not sure how to accomplish that yet. I have already added a recipe section to get started. Please feel free to add your favorite recipes or post about anything you are looking for. Thanks again.

Maria

mommamiaria
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2007 at 7:53 AM

Quoting VickieLM:

Hi Maria!

I am Vickie.  I have been married to Ken for a little over a year now.  I have a 16 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. We live in Texas.  I work full-time at a law firm, with an hour commute each way.  I love to cook when I have time.  I love to read, collect and try new recipes.  Quick and easy recipes are what I need for during the week.  On the weekends, when we don't have other plans,  more time-consuming recipes are good.  When I have a chance on the weekends, I like to have a cooking day and cook several things either to freeze for future meals or to have for the following week.  Thanks for the invitation.  I look forward to getting and sharing some great recipes with everyone!

Vickie
I have a sister named Vicky in Florida and another sister that lives in Texas. You are one busy lady. I have always wanted to get organized and freeze meals ahead of time but I never seem to manage that. It would be great to get a whole bunch of Moms together and do something like that on a weekend. Thanks for joining. I really appreciate it.

Maria

Specialkg
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 8:56 AM
Hi Everyone Im Kristina from Massachusettes. I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys a 3 y/o Nicholas and a 14 month old Matty. I love to cook & bake. I have recently started to let my 3 y/o help me in the kitchen and he loves it. It is a bonding expeirence for me and helps me relax when I am cooking and baking.
Diannkittle28
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Hello Maria and to all. My name is Diann. I am currently divorced. I have 3 beautiful children, ages 13, 10, and 8 who are my life. As you can imagine, I am always in the kitchen. I could use some new recipes to try and making some cooking tips to cut time in half. Thanks for the invite.

deswright4984
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 9:23 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Desiree, I have been dating my bf 2 1/2 years now and I am a mother of one her name is Ashley. She is going to be 19 months old on November 12th. They grow so fast. I cook for anywhere between 3 people to 6 depending on who all is over here that day. So any ideas would be great and I have a few too.
bonniebal
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 9:25 AM
hi everyone!!! i'm bonnie. i'm a single working mom. i live in kansas. i have a bady boy who is the love of my life!! his name is Sky. i don't cook much but i want to learn.

ktandjsmom2
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Hi, I"m Mindy, I am from Murfreesboro, TN. I am a sahm of 3 beautiful kids and expecting one next may. I cook most of our meals but have found myself cooking the same things over and over, I am looking forward to some new ideas.

DECORATORMOM
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Hello Maria, I am a mother of two with one still left at home. I have lived my fiance for 4 years now. I love to cook and bake when I find the time. I usually work 10 hour days. I like to experiment with food. I am also trying to put together a binder of recipes from this site. Looking forward to see what this group has to offer. Thanks,Julie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN