MY HUSBAND LOVES POUNDCAKE SO I WENT SEARCHING FOR A GOOD RECIPE AND FOUND THIS ONE. IT WAS DELICIOUS. IT MADE 2 SO I FROZE ONE. I SERVED IT WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES & WHIPPED CREAM, HEATED IT FOR A FEW SECONDS AND SERVED IT WITH A SCOOP OF ICE CREAM & DRIZZLED WITH CARAMEL SAUCE AND TOASTED WITH A LITTLE BUTTER WITH COFFEE AT BREAKFAST TIME. REALLY, REALLY GOOD!
The Most Ultimate Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake
By Kittencalskitchen on December 11, 2003
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 10 mins
- Servings: 16
About This Recipe
"This is the most ultimate rich dense buttery pound cake! no lein this cake but the eggs--- for best results this cake should be baked a day ahead and wrapped in plastic, or it can be frozen for up to 3 months, servings is of coarse estimated --- this is wonderful served with a blueberry or strawberry sauce :)"
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened ( no substitutions)
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla ( or use almond extract)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans or a 4-quart tube pan.
- In a bowl cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes (you MUST beat for at least 5 minutes this is an important step!).
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- With mixer on low add the flour and salt in two additions.
- Immediately pour in batter into prepared pan.
- Tap pans to eliminate any large air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, or until cakes tests done.
- Note: if the tops begin to brown too quickly tent loosely with foil.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Turn out the cakes then cool completely with the tops up on a wire rack.
- Note: if baking in a 4-qt tube pan increase baking time by about 5 minutes.