• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for tried & true low carb recipes. I have some to share too!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:25 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

I was on Nexium for acid reflux for a LONG time. It worked great but I gained 30 pounds. After doing some research I learned that a lot of people were complaining that they had gained weight and had some other problems with joint pain, etc. I decided to take myself off of Nexium and found some great home remedies for my acid reflux. When I went to see my endocrinolist to check on my thyroid he said he needed to lower the dosage & lost a few pounds. Turns out the Nexium was preventing the Synthroid medication from absorbing into my system causing the weight gain and for my meds to be increased. I was up to 230mcg of Synthroid for my Thyroid. I did a complete overhaul of my diet and stopped using artificial sweetners, no more soda, gave up coffee and eliminated as much sugar and carbohydrates from diet as possible. I lost 50 pounds and my Synthroid has been reduced to 150mcg!

I'm convinced that the Nexium messed up my system. My joint and terrible knee pain are gone! I am now working on getting more Vitamin D and then will add Calcium once my D levels come up. I believe that the Nexium was also preventing proper absorption of vitamins into my system.

I also learned that I am extremely carb sensitive and it was always difficult for me to lose weight until I eliminated them. It was one of my most difficult challenges.

I will share some recipes and would love some low carb recipes and meal suggestions.

Thanks & Happy New Year!

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)