Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

glass cookie sheets?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1356 Total Views

I have been starting to make more and more cookies since i moved into my new house, but I have not found a cookie sheet that fits my needs. The other day i was using a glass cake pan to cook my cookies in and they worked out well, unfortunatly i was using that and a metal cookie sheet. I really think that the clear glass is best because I put them in the oven with less time and they still turned out burnt on the bottom. The glass however was successful, but i was wondering has anyone heard of a glass cookie sheet? is there any way i can improvise if there isn't till they come out with one...lol?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
joy-to-have
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM

I dont know.I use a silpat baking mat.If you find one I would try it.

Merry Chrismas to All !!!

mommamiaria
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM

I have never seen glass cookie sheets but you might want to check this out:

http://www.kitchengifts.com/exopat.html

busybees124
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:05 PM

I've never seen a glass cookie sheet for sale anywhere that I've shopped.  Interesting idea!  I use the Pampered Chef stone circle thingies when I bake cookies.  The cookies are perfect everytime.  Never a burned bottom! 

DawnA72
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:18 AM

I bake cookies ALL the time.  I haven't had an issue with burnt bottoms in a long time.  I'm using regular metal baking sheets.  You may be baking the cookies too long, or your oven is too hot.

MariElizbeth
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 7:43 AM

I use my well seasoned stoneware!  I haven't burned cookies in a long time!  I have never seen a glass cookie sheet.  I would guess that they are too easy to break to be practical.  If you are burning on a metal sheet, is it possible that there is some residue on them from not being  cleaned well (you know if you have a little burn spot you can't get off not that your pain is dirty)?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)