Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BEER BATTERED CHICKEN!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

THIS LOOKED GOOD. YUMMO!

Beer-Battered Fried Chicken
Plamen Petkov

Beer-Battered Fried Chicken

Charles Pierce
From Every Day with Rachael Ray
April 2009

SERVES 4

Prep Time: 25 min (plus soaking)
Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients
One 3 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Ice water
Vegetable oil, for frying
2 cups beer
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
Salt and pepper

1. Soak the chicken in the ice water for 30 minutes; drain and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 200°. Fill a large pot with enough oil to reach a depth of 2 inches and heat until it registers 365° on a deep-fry thermometer.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the beer and eggs. Whisk in 2 cups flour, the cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth. Place the remaining 1/2 cup flour in a shallow bowl. Set the beer batter and the flour next to the hot oil.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with the flour. Transfer to the beer batter and coat. Working in batches and using tongs, lift each piece and let the excess batter drip off before submerging in the oil. Fry, turning occasionally and maintaining a temperature of 365° at all times, until cooked through, about 15 minutes for the legs, thighs and wings and 10 minutes for the breasts. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Season with salt and transfer to the oven to keep warm.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
connorsmama06
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Mmmmm sounds so good

kalio
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:15 AM

MMMMMM!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/102281/
                ms
we need to find a cure

WindsongSidhe
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Kewl, Maria! I bet this would be a good batter for fish as well (as in fish n chips.) 

~Lisa

connorsmama06
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM

We tried it. It was wonderful. Thanks so much.

rttwilson
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

That looks YUMMY...I think that I even have everyhting to make that at home too!!!!!

mommatess74
by on Apr. 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM

i dont have a deep fryer thermometer. i have one you stick in things but thats it. is there anything else or anyother way to get around that problem? please let me know if you know of anything cause this sounds so so so so good! and if there is no other way around it i need to know before 5pm friday so i can sneak one into the shopping cart! thanks so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)