Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice for ttc

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:56 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 203 Total Views

ok to start off i am 20 have type 1 diabetes since i was 5, i have an almot 2 year old, and me and the hubby are considering haveing another, but we had trouble with our first it kinda took a while to get him. but i wanted to know if any of yall had trouble and what tips you could give me, were not trying right now, due to deployment, but what can i do in the mean time to help better our chances?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
soccerchik8287
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM

The best thing to do is to just make sure your blood sugars are totally under control. For one, doing that makes your body just run smoother all together, which means it should be easier to get pregnant, and 2)the first 6 weeks of your babies development is super important. Out of control blood sugars during that time could be very harmful, possibly fatal to your baby. So since most of us don't know we are pregnant until the 5/6week mark, the only way to prepare for that time is to just make sure your sugars are always in control. And in control during pregnancy is (or was for me at least) 80-120. Good luck when you decide to go for it!

I have a 2yr old too, and while I'd like another one, the doctors have said they do not suggest diabetics (especially type 1 diabetics) go through more than 2 or 3 pregnancies, because pregnancy puts a load on your kidneys, as does diabetes. Since I am only 22 now, I want to wait a little bit longer for the next 2 we plan to have, because I don't want all of my kids to be grown and out of the house by the time I'm 40  :)

pecina08
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM

oh my goodness i know, i have to get that crap  under controll, and ill be the first to admit that its not like it should be. so i know about that. i want mine all close in age, but if i get number 2 it will be our last lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)