Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sex problems?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

A big problem for me with type 2 is that my sex drive is affected and I wanted to make sure I'm not alone in this. I'm 27 and I really wonder if something is seriously wrong.

I have been with my husband 12 years, married almost 5. I was diagnosed last year. I have lost 25 lbs and eat (mostly) what I should. I monitor myself daily.

It's either I'm too tired or just not in the mood. It's not that I'm not into my husband anymore, I want to most of the time but just dont feel like it. When we get into it, then I have little to no lubrication at all. I hate using lube because I feel like I shouldnt have to use it, I should be able to do that myself. I focus so much on that I cant focus on anything else. I think worrying about that kills everything else, orgasms included. Sometimes I feel worthless to my husband because I have problems physically showing I'm excited. It sucks. I read online that a lot of diabetic women (either type) have sexual issues, and luckily, my husband understands it. It's just creating a lot of anxiety for me and I can't enjoy this anymore. What can I do?

I am 27 years old and have three kids, 5,3, and 2. I work full time as an addiction counselor (mostly with pregnant women) and love it. I am biracial. I am from Kentucky but I'm not a stereotypical Kentuckian.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Nanette77318
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Honestly, in all my 20 years of being diabetic, I've never heard or read that! Sometimes, I think we read so much stuff that we almost expect bad side effects...and that doesn't have to be the case. I want to be the diabetic that defies all the odds and bad reports of what is predicted for my life as a diabetic!!!! : )

My theory on relations...and the lack of excitement, is...use the lube anyway! : ) "Should" we be able to respond, sure. BUT, the reality is, we don't always....so, use what's made to help. If you have a headache, do you take Tylenol? If you get a cut, do you use Neosporin? Using a lubricant for relations is no different I think.

You are NOT worthless, you are a pearl of GREAT price! The anxiety and worry need to go bye-bye! They will only compound and make things worse...so try to change your focus. Think on positive things, think on the amazing fact that your husband adores you and is patient and understanding, think on the covenant that you two have that is strong and thriving, think on those things that drew you to him years and years ago....make sense??

LyTe684
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM

This! :-)

Quoting Nanette77318:

Honestly, in all my 20 years of being diabetic, I've never heard or read that! Sometimes, I think we read so much stuff that we almost expect bad side effects...and that doesn't have to be the case. I want to be the diabetic that defies all the odds and bad reports of what is predicted for my life as a diabetic!!!! : )

My theory on relations...and the lack of excitement, is...use the lube anyway! : ) "Should" we be able to respond, sure. BUT, the reality is, we don't always....so, use what's made to help. If you have a headache, do you take Tylenol? If you get a cut, do you use Neosporin? Using a lubricant for relations is no different I think.

You are NOT worthless, you are a pearl of GREAT price! The anxiety and worry need to go bye-bye! They will only compound and make things worse...so try to change your focus. Think on positive things, think on the amazing fact that your husband adores you and is patient and understanding, think on the covenant that you two have that is strong and thriving, think on those things that drew you to him years and years ago....make sense??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)