• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrating

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

I ate absolutely NOTHING after 3:30 yesterday--I simply wasn't hungry after having what amounted to a sandwich.  My fasting blood sugar, at almost noon, but with no chromium or cinnamon, was 156!  I really dread going to an endo, but I may have to.  How are the symptoms of Type I different from Type II?  My PCP is convinced that diet & exercise will make what he thinks is Type II go away, but I'm not so sure.  I read so many conflicting things that it makes my head spin!  Thanks for letting me rant!

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mom2Jack04
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Okay.....are you type 2 or type 1?

With type 3 diabetes if you don't feed your body food you can have highs, as a bodies way of feeding itself.  Keep snacks with you all the time to nibble on, a handful of almonds, raw veggies, a mini banana, etc etc

I honestly cannot stand the misconception that type 2 diabetes goes away or gets cured.  I really hate hearing people saying "I cured my diabetes"  Like hell you did.  Once a diabetic ALWAYS a diabetic!

You can control your diabetes with diet and exercise, but not from the get go....you'd really have to lose a good deal of weight and be very regular with what and how you eat...processed food, artifical sweetners, white carbs...GONE FROM YOUR LIFE.....and to do that consistantly for awhile before your body can handle the amount of healthy carbs you do give it. 

But even if you get to that point, if you eat a donut or fried rice or other carby crap, heck yeah your BG levels are going to go up, because you are still a diabetic. 

Fasting is no good.  Our bodies need fuel and they will protest if we don't give them what they need when they need it, for us diabetics that's how our bodies protest....higher bg levels!

MusherMaggie
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Thanks for that information.  I didn't realize the body would react that way to fasting.  I'm working really hard at getting the carbs out of my diet.  I don't use any sweetener but stevia--don't trust the chemical things.  I do backslide occasionally, though, so my BG's are not down where they should be.  The weight loss is very slow, though.  My whole endo system is screwed--I was born with growth hormone (pituitary) deficiency, had gestational diabetes with my second child, and low thyroid shortly after that.  I'm trying to build up to a sufficient level of exercise, but it's slow & HARD!

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)