Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GD then Type 1 now Type 2? WTH?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

So I'm a bit confused. Yesteday I threw my doctor for a loop after I  told him that I rarely inject the insulin that was prescribed, only when it is REALLY high, but other than that my sugar in the mornings are very good except for a crash here or there in the mid morning before snack or lunch time...

He then took away my insulin and one of the pills I was drinking and said they were over medicating me... See, I developed GD that I thought would go away but didn't and ended up going to THIS doctor (wasn't my doctor with pregnancy) to get treated... they obviously never listened to my back story and just prescribed and treated!

Now I'm sick and tired of this sickness already, but darnet people, REALLY!? I would love to know if this is a GOOD thing or a BAD thing to POSSIBLY be Diabetic TYPE 2 instead of 1... he ordered more blood tests and I need to go back next week... UGH! Just so confused right now!

Oh, and I'm terrified of needles, so somewhat relieved that I don't have to pshyce myself up before I inject! LOL... Some sliver lining behind that cloud?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
zumbafreak11
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I don't have any advice to offer, but I'd be pretty confused too.  All I know is that personally, I went from GD to Type 2 after my 7 1/2 year old DD was born.  Hopefully, some of these Moms that have dealt with diabetes longer than I have will be of some assistance.

MoeksieNature
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Thanks. :) I was told that GD normally result in type 2 so I'm not sure why the doctor diagnosed me as type 1 to start with! Have you been diabetic for the last 7 and a half years or is it a resent thing? How are you coping as a Mom with diabetes, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting zumbafreak11:

I don't have any advice to offer, but I'd be pretty confused too.  All I know is that personally, I went from GD to Type 2 after my 7 1/2 year old DD was born.  Hopefully, some of these Moms that have dealt with diabetes longer than I have will be of some assistance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zumbafreak11
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Being Type 2 is a recent thing and it's really hard especially being a single mom.  I have to remind myself not to eat so many carbs especially at night and sometimes I watch Lifetime movies at night. I find finger pricking to be a real pain and Valentine's Day is torture as well as Halloween and Easter.  I have tried the sugar free candy, but it should be called taste free for the most part.  I try to be good and eat right, but I know I don't get enough exercise.  I hate exercise since for the most part it's boring.

Quoting MoeksieNature:

Thanks. :) I was told that GD normally result in type 2 so I'm not sure why the doctor diagnosed me as type 1 to start with! Have you been diabetic for the last 7 and a half years or is it a resent thing? How are you coping as a Mom with diabetes, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting zumbafreak11:

MoeksieNature
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Your reply made me smile. I can identify exactly with what you are saying! When I want a chocolate, dark chocolate just don't taste the same. Those hard candies are horrible, even the 'sour' ones aren't sour... I was diagnosed with GD just before easter 2012 and we bought all the Easter eggs and then I weren't allowed to eat any. Now with Easter around the corner it's pretty hard to even walk into the shops without feeling sorry for myself OR wanting to attack and destroy all the easter egg promotional stands! Hahahaha

I don't even know how you cope as a single mom. I have a husband that constantly remind me that I should take my pills etc. As for the finger pricking, I cried the first couple of times. Sometimes it stills stings especially if I have to test (like now) 7 times a day so my doc can see whats going on! UGH! With an 8 and a half month old I don't have time to exercise... I work FT and weekends is laundry and family time... But I so need to make the effort!  

Quoting zumbafreak11:

Being Type 2 is a recent thing and it's really hard especially being a single mom.  I have to remind myself not to eat so many carbs especially at night and sometimes I watch Lifetime movies at night. I find finger pricking to be a real pain and Valentine's Day is torture as well as Halloween and Easter.  I have tried the sugar free candy, but it should be called taste free for the most part.  I try to be good and eat right, but I know I don't get enough exercise.  I hate exercise since for the most part it's boring.

Quoting MoeksieNature:

Quoting zumbafreak11:

CafeMom Tickers
AppleTechMom
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Hope you can get your answers. I would be confused too. I'm actually Type 1 and have been since I was 16.

Apple Tech Mom

Mommy to DS 8/23/11 and SS 9/20/05
TTC #2
Married since 10/13/10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)