Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question.....

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 232 Total Views
so my doctor told me this was common, and I really don't quite understand why. I thought I'd ask if this happened to anyone else as well.

Did anyone else gain weight after being put on insulin? I'm so frustrated. I've never excersised more and eaten less in my entire life and yet in the three weeks that I've been on insullin I've gained 7 pounds. It's crazy! I've been following a strict diet, (At this point, I'm so hungry I can hardly stand it, sometimes)  and I walk every evening after dinner, do my Nordic Trac in my basement every morning. and do the circits at curves  on M-W-F. At this rate you'd think I'd be LOOSING more weight. I never worked this hard BEFORE insulin and I lost a lot of  weight then. It's hard to accept after loosing so much weight before that now that I'm doing everything right and my sugar levels are excellent that I'm gaining some of it back.

Did this happen to you?

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cmariesorensen
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Yes it did happen to me also... My doctor said that it was my bodys way of replenishing itself for weight lost due to diabetes... before diagnosis i weighed 140 lbs....  they put me in the hospital for 3 days due to dehydration from the diabetes... and i came out weighing 160....  THEN when i got my sugars under control.....  i went up to 180 in 3 months.... but it leveled off the best that it could because i got pregnant and gained a bunch more weigh but 3 years after my daughter was born im sitting back around 200...  and not gaining... wish i could lose some though...  LOL  HOpe this helps.. feel free to message me

katieruley
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 7:50 PM
I was 12 and extremely emaciated when I started taking insulin, so I did gain weight but that was a good thing. I know that insulin is a growth hormone and the more that you take you are likely to gain weight.
grneyedbamafan
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:54 PM
yes it happends to me too i was about 300 lbs when i started taking insulin....then i lots about 45lbs in about 2 1/2 months and then i lost some more then when my blood sugars was doing good and stuff then i started to gain the weight back i was down to 200lbs when i got pregnant with my son and when i had him i was at 275 now im about 240 so im up and down all the time....my blood sugars do the same thing....i need to start doing my diet and excersis more....one time i gained 10lb in one week so yes it does that to ya....good luck with everything

Lilypie 15 - 80 day cycle Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Fallon and Corey
Daisypath Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)