Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type are you?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2007 at 3:09 PM
  • 291 Replies
  • 14397 Total Views
Do you have type1, type 2, or gestational?
by on Mar. 17, 2007 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojosbaby
by on Mar. 18, 2007 at 6:24 AM
my name is Valarie i have type 1 and from that i have neroapthy in both my feet and hands. i found out that i  was a diabetic 7 years ago but the doctors say i have had to been a diabetic for a lot longer for the neroapthy to be as bad as it is.
KATIEBUGSMOM
by on Mar. 18, 2007 at 10:42 PM
HELLO. MY NAME IS TONI AND I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR 20 YEARS NOW. I AM ON THE INSULIN PUMP. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY ..ALWAYS GETTING IN THE WAY ..BUT I DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE SHOTS ANYMORE. I WAS UP TO 10 SHOTS A DAY OR MORE. I HAD TO TAKE A SHOT EVERYTIME I ATE SOMETHING,NOW I JUST PRICK MY FINGER( THAT STILL HURTS, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE DONE IT) BUT LIKE I WAS SAYING , IF ANY OF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE PUMP THEN YOU KNOW THAT IT IS SIMPLE TO HANDLE. WELL THANKS FOR LISTENING AND I HOPE TO BE CHATTING WITH YOU ALL SOON.AND ALSO THANKS VALERIE FOR TURNING ME ON TO THIS GROUP.  TONI 
racheljessee
by owner on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:08 AM
I'm actually going through all the classes and everything to be put on the pump right now.  My Dad has had type 1 diabetes for over almost 50 years (!) and after he switched to the pump he said that he felt so much better.  I'm really happy that medicine has come so far.
texasmom1982
by on Mar. 20, 2007 at 10:37 PM
I am a type 1 juvenile insulin dependent diabetic.  I have had it since I was born but they didn't diagnose it until I was 3.  I am now 24 and taking one shot of lantus everyday and constantly running after my fiances two boys.
Jennroo
by on Mar. 20, 2007 at 11:17 PM
I am Jenn and I am a type 2 Diabetic and have been since June 2005.  It sucks due to having to change my diet and live differently.  We survive and live on!
enidann72
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:47 PM
Hi Everybody!
I am type 1 for 28 years. I don't suppose I have a very good outlook on it. Some people just say" Oh well, that's just how it is." However, it pisses me off to have to deal with it. I am also going through the process to get a pump. I am documenting everything I eat and how much insulin I take. It is so irritating. I am very excited about the pump but also scared. I go the the University of Washington Diabetes Clinic. Thank God its only every 3 months! Do any of you drink coffee and does it make your blood sugar spike?
grneyedbamafan
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:05 PM
Hello my name is Fallon and i have type 1 diabetes....i have had it for about 11 yrs....i also take shots.....i take 2 shots a day sometimes more if my sugar is high......i also hate it......one min. my sugar is good the next its up high again.......so i know how you all feel.......thanks for letting me join your group
jojosbaby
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:00 AM
yes  coffee  is bad for you but if you watch how much you drink then it should bee ok.   i my self am addicted to diet dr pepper. but it is my only source of caffeine.  GOT TO HAVE CAFFEINE!!!!
racheljessee
by owner on Mar. 27, 2007 at 1:18 PM
I'm so glad to see there are so many other moms like me out there.  It's a hard disease to keep under control, especially when you've got a little one to run after.  It's great to be able to come together and support each other.  Thank you so much for sharing all of your comments and advice.  Stay healthy!  :)
ChristieAnn67
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Hi everyone!!  My name is Christie,  I am 40 years young,  married to my best friend,  Warren,  and mommy to 2 beautiful daughters,  oh yeah, and I'm diabetic too.....I had gestational diabetes with both my kids,  then would just monitor it yearly.    Then came the day I got the diagnosis of ulcerative colitis (an Inflammatory bowel disease)  and I think all the chronic inflammation in my body pushed me to the edge where I finally got the diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes in 2005,  I believe.   I had been able to control it with diet, and Metformin until just recently .    My glycohemoglobin went up to 7.2 I believe.   Well,  so my doc wanted me better controlled,  so he added Amaryl to my meds.    The was hard to get used to at first.  I took it as recommended with my 1st meal of the day,  but my blood sugars were falling too low.  One day I was at 64,  and that really kind of scared me.   So I began to take it with my noon meal,  and now it controls my sugars better and I don't have as drastic lows in Blood sugar....yay!!   Look forward to talking with you all!! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)