Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tomorrow I start a Byetta

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

I'm on metformin right now, and it is making me SO sick!  Forget the diarrhea, I'm having a hard time keeping food down.  It makes me so nauseated!  So my dr suggested Byetta afterall.  It's an injection, and I've never had to give myself an injection at all.  I'm a little worried because it's only been out since 2005.  It works way different than any other drug out there though, so hopefully it'll do some good!  It's very dangerous in pregnancy, so I'm going to have to put off trying to conceive for a few months.  Hopefully it'll be worth it! 

in love                     toddler boy

Ryan and Destiny                  Corby

July 16, 2005                 May 31, 2007

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2teens9093
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Have you ever heard of lantus? Works very well and acts like a pancreas and lets a little out all day long and you never have a low sugar.

dolphin_gurl85
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Good luck, I am a lucky one that doesnt have the side effects from the Metformin (little in the beginning) though I have also been told that it could not be good to have a baby on this med. though if I get prego I'm going to doc Asap and get insulin, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in 2007 a month before my son was born (2 months early) I took the insulin and rather do that then this pill at least if I went a little over on a meal I could give little more insulin,(never had to do when prego) So after giving birth that day my sugar was fine considering that smoothiethat I had, Anyways I lost 80lb within the year after giving birth so family told me to get to doctor Their I was facing that dreaded word Diabetes last year in April.  Ugh now I take 1000 MG 2x a day and my sugar still not perfect!! Once again Good Luck!!

corbysmom531
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I don't really have problems with LOW sugar, even on the meds.  The injection part wasn't a big deal at all.  Yea! 

I've heard of lantus, but it's, insulin, and since I'm type 2, and my insulin is way too high, I shouldn't use it.  Only if I'm pregnant and metformin won't work or something like that would I use insulin.

Quoting mom2teens9093:

Have you ever heard of lantus? Works very well and acts like a pancreas and lets a little out all day long and you never have a low sugar.

in love                     toddler boy

Ryan and Destiny                  Corby

July 16, 2005                 May 31, 2007

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)