Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can Diabeis cause you to be more lickly to get sick

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

We have bad virus hit my house every one but my husband got it and now I am getting sick with for the second time. I hate bieng sick

doctor

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RyansMommie07
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

if your sugars haven't been too controlled than yeah your immune can be a bit off. think of it this way... your body is putting its all into trying to get your sugars under control, its not exactly paying as much attention to any "invaders" that may be lurking. also, high sugars can make your body more acidic, which makes some viruses thrive. if your sugars have been good though, you might just have drawn the short straw this time around. wink

heatherdkahl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:45 PM
If your sugars are a little on the high side then you quit producing white blood cells which allows you to heal and keeps you from getting sick to begin with. In 2006-2007 I was sick 13 months in a row with different things from strep to flu. Not fun!
CloudWeaver
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Thanks for the info. Yes I have had a form of scarlet fever back in March. Then recently had a spider bite that gave me a nasty infection. So if you keep your levels regular and etc you should be able to stay healthy.

Good Luck! :)

Have a great day!:)

Nanette77318
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Well, my A1C is 9.1 and I haven't been sick in years (and I mean, nothing, no colds, infections, sinus pressure...nothing!)   ....so, poor control doesn't always equal the likelihood that you'll get sick! : ) 

LyTe684
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Yes. And my A1C's are great... But I catch any and everything that comes my way. Getting sick can cause your sugars to go up and out of whack, just like stress can. I guess it varies from person to person. Stress causes my sugar to go up as well as getting sick. Actually that's how we've always been able to tell when I'm getting sick. My numbers go crazy.

julie148
by admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM

YUP I AGREE WITH THIS POST, IT'S SOOO ME, LOL.  IT JUST DEPENDS ON EACH PERSON AND THEIR OWN PERSONA, LOL.

Quoting LyTe684:

Yes. And my A1C's are great... But I catch any and everything that comes my way. Getting sick can cause your sugars to go up and out of whack, just like stress can. I guess it varies from person to person. Stress causes my sugar to go up as well as getting sick. Actually that's how we've always been able to tell when I'm getting sick. My numbers go crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)