Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BAKED BANANAS

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 267 Total Views
Ingredients
  • 3 medium bananas
  • 2 tablespoons Juice, apple, unswtnd, w/vit C, prep f/fzn conc w/water
  • 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Peel bananas and slice them in half lengthwise. Place banana halves cut side down in a glass baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
  • Mix remaining three ingredients together and pour over bananas. Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
    Diet Exchange

Diet Exchange
Other Carbohydrates 0.0
Very Lean Meat 0.0
Fat 0.0
Milk 0.0
Vegetable 0.0
Fruit 1.5
Lean Meat 0.0
Bread/Starch
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
brightlady
by on Mar. 14, 2010 at 5:52 PM

i love bananas n the ingridgeints you use i just wonder how that dish tastes bake have to try one day soon

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Did y' all know that there is a special kind of banana especially for cooking?

It is called a plaintain banana.  I first had them in South America when I was an exchange student to Bolivia in 1971. I believe it is best to cook them when they start to turn brown or a little black. What I undertand from my research is that they are high in starch, so as in regular bananas,  it's best to not eat so many..or your sugar level will raise dramatically... 

You peel them, can bake them or do what I do:  spray a pan with butter spray...slice them into round pieces...Fry them until they are slightly brown.

There are more detailed instructions latin food.about.com or in Wikipedia.. I put fat free/low sugar whipped cream on them or sugar free Maple syrup.  Que delicioso!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)