• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hosptial record said i haveType 2 diabetes.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

Hi everyone my name is hayley im 23 and a mother of 1. My family dr got my medical record from ohio and i asked if i could get a copy for my records well i got my copy and i was reading threw it and it states that i have Type 2 diabetes? Well When i was preg with my son i did get a little high in my blood pressure and borderline for diabetes but not much to be worried about. Well i called my dr back today to find out what i should do and i wont get an answer until next monday since he left for some meeting. Well i called my obgyn and asked them about it and the nurse told me that if i am diabete i would know i told her when i dont eat i get shaky, i have gained weight and its hard to lose it i have some blurry vision and somtimes i feel like im going to faint if i dont eat. And she told me that there signs of have diabetes. And she told me for my weight since im 275 i should get a monitor and test my blood three times aday at the same time every day for a week if my sugar is 140 and up for a week then i have it but if its below 140 im fine. What do you ladies think about this. I did have a monitor in Ohio but i cant remember what i had to keep my sugar at.

I CAN`T AND WILL NOT JUDGE OTHER`S FOR I CAN ONLY JUDGE MYSELF. I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW TO RAISE YOUR KID(S) FOR I ONLY KNOW HOW TO RAISE MY SON.
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nanette77318
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I would wait and talk to your doctor once he returns.  The dizzy with not eating sound like a low sugar reaction (hypoglycemia) ...... and 'if' you are diabetic, untreated and non-medicated..having a low would be pretty scarce.....

ninjanessa
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

If you find your meter you can always test..but if you can't just try and eat healthy. *breakfast, lunch, and supper.*
I aim for 40 carbs at each setting with a total of 1800 calories. if you feel like you are weak and shaking in between drink 1/2 cup of regular soda or juice.

Also if you drink pop or tea try to drink diet or tea with splenda. This should hold you over until Monday when you find something out. Best of luck. Dealing with it is hard at first *This is only my 2nd week!* but it's really changed my attitude towards food. I eat it because I have to.. =)  

pinkblackandblu
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 6:10 PM

My blood test came back at borderline but they want me to test 3 times aday 

I CAN`T AND WILL NOT JUDGE OTHER`S FOR I CAN ONLY JUDGE MYSELF. I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW TO RAISE YOUR KID(S) FOR I ONLY KNOW HOW TO RAISE MY SON.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)