• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any one blurr vision from your diabete

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

My doctor has told  me it is is from the diabtes becasue I do not hav it all the time like last night  I was trying read a school paper and got so bad I could not read my husband had to do it. Do you have any ways you deal with it .

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
07gradmom
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:27 PM

the only thing you can do is get your eyes checked.

I'm Wrae. I have three kids.. Cameron (4), Julian (3) and Lillian ( 1 year). I work full time as an addictions counselor and love it. I am 26 years old. I am biracial. I did not breast feed, used disposable diapers, vaccinated all three kids, do not co-sleep ,and my house is never clean. I am from Kentucky and love it, but I am not a stereotypical Kentuckian.

mom2boys1997
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 7:17 AM

It is important for anyone with diabetew to get a thorough eye exam once a year. Tell the person that exams your eyes that you are diabetic.They will know what extra parts of your eyes to check.

Mom2Jack04
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Yeah you need to not just go to an Optometrist who has experience with diabetics, I go once a year and get my eyes dialiated then photgraphed so they can see the blood vessels in my eyes.

Out of control diabetes can lead to blurred vision and even blindness

yellowroseslh
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 3:49 PM

There is also a new kind of "Xray" type test
(Pearl Vision offers it) and it helps to get a
clear view of all the vessles within the eye
and can detect if there is early signs of any
complications with your eyes.

I have not had my eye checked this year, had
to cancel my appointment due to becoming
unemployed, but I did notice last week I was
trying to read one of my quilting magazines
and I could not read ANY of the print in the
articals, all I can do is look at pictures, I know
that I am needing bi-focals but really dread that.

Guess its time to stop putting it off and get it done.

mommy-2-3
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM

diabetic retinopathy exams is what we are referring to-- should be done once per year to see if the is any damage.

to answer the question also- you get "blurry" vision when you have high blood sugars over a prolonged period of time... you can also have a change in vision from uncontrolled sugars (ups and downs)... DEF get it checked out :)

once your BG is regulated IF there are no further complications with your eyes, the vision may return back to normal

Melissa, mommy to...

Julian (4), Aaron (baby), Ethan (2), and Kylee (6)

wittymomma
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 6:30 AM

I just went & had my eyes checked because my eyes are always going blurry...

My doctor said I have a stigmatism *sp* in both my eyes... SO when my sugar levels go up it bothers them & makes them swell... causing the blurriness.

I too am not taking this as seriously as I should.. he told me to come back when I get my levels to stabilize which I am assuming when I get a doctor that gives a flip kwim?

hope this helps a bit...

LyTe684
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I did... when my diabetes wasn't in control. The only way to deal with it really is to take control of your sugars.

LyTe684
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Exactly!

Quoting mommy-2-3:

diabetic retinopathy exams is what we are referring to-- should be done once per year to see if the is any damage.

to answer the question also- you get "blurry" vision when you have high blood sugars over a prolonged period of time... you can also have a change in vision from uncontrolled sugars (ups and downs)... DEF get it checked out :)

once your BG is regulated IF there are no further complications with your eyes, the vision may return back to normal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)