Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ppd novice: i need your advice/input please

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

i need some advice ladies, and i guess some honesty to about your own battles if you're willing to share!

i was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. i go in for my 3 week checkup tomorrow & nothing has changed! i still am an emotional wreck, has to take tons of sleeping pills to get a wink, i want to be alone, i don't want to be near my husband, family, baby (& it makes me feel so guilty to say i don't want to be around my son!)

i was wondering what some of your battles were like ... what meds did you take that worked for you, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET BACK TO YOU, how you dealt with everyday things when you were so deep in and so sick???? I feel so alone and like i don't know what's happening to my own body or self & i'm so confused! i thought it might help to hear some of your stories ... what worked and what didn't! how to explain to my family i'm not going to get better in a day or two, it's a long process ... thise things.

any stories or advice is more than welcome, thank you!

banging head into wall

baby boy.: mommy to lucas cole :.

by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mmtosam06
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:29 AM

hugs mama im not sure if your nursing or formula feeding but i know for nursing the #1 is zoloft thats recommended #2 is paxil & Last but not least Prozac outside of that i dont klnow what to say except hugs & i hope everything goes well for you tomorrow

luvmypup
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I hope all went well for you at your appointment. I am anxious to hear if you are having any relief. I am 4 months PP and have been suffering with PPD since the birth of my son. (whose name is also Lucas!) I have been afraid to talk to a doctor and am finally realizing that this isn't going to go away on it's own. I am nervous about anti-depressants. I have had alot of the same feelings as you andwWould love to talk more.

Carefree08
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 2:43 AM

I have anger/ocd post pardum. I still cried alot and didn't want to around anyone, but I would have HUGE fits of anger. It took me 3 months to find out what it was. I went to a saport group for it which was a life saver. I urge anyone that does not go to one look one up. Mine is ran by a sciciatrist(the kind that does not proscribe meds...sorry for the misspelling) and she is great! There were times I did not want to go, but I made myself and it mad eme feel alittle less crazy. I am not an angry person before hand so it was very forein to me to feel like that. I felt like a different person...one I did not like. I took more natural meds-Hypothalmex and Symplex F by Standard Process Inc. They halped to get me out of my shell, regulate my hormones better and make me less angry. It took me a year to feel more like myself. When I stopped breastfeeding I started to feel even better. I am not saying not to breastfee....just that it made my ppd better. I bf for a year so I am pro bf. I still have some bad days, but there are less and less. My doc does say that with any major change in your life while you are going through ppd you will feel like you are relapsing. Like you can start to feel better and then stop bf and that can relaps you so be ready for it. There might also be a mom's ppd group in your area where it can make you get out of your house and be with other mom's that are going through the same thing. And for your family I would go to a ppd website and print out info for them. You CANNOT help how you feel and anything they do or say negative will make it worse. The 1st 6 months were the worst for me and then it slowly got better. Let me know if you need to talk! Take Care

Carefree08
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 2:44 AM

The saport group I went to is in Austin!!!! She is the best. I can send you the info!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)