Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it PPD?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

Ok so I'm new to the group and I'm really hoping that I can get some advice out of this. I just had my second son about a week ago and I have a 19 month old here at home too. So I'm going through the normal feeling tired, not getting any sleep, don't have time to eat stuff that every mom goes through. When I had the baby my husband had to leave the next day for a job training and my mom stayed with me till he got back. It was a little different bringing baby #2 home because with my first being a premie we spent the first 2 weeks in a hospital. Starting the night my husband got back from training all hell broke lose. I don't always get jealous but he was telling my about a 'married' women of 15 years, he had to work with while he was there and of course they ate lunch together and all that stuff. I just broke down and freaked out about the whole thing. I don't even know why. Then he tells me she added him to myspace and my mind starts spinning...(right now I'm thinking "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!") I trust my husband very much and know that he wouldn't ever do anything in anyway to hurt me. Its always the damn women he meets at work that I have a hard time trusting. So I'm a total train wreck about this whole thing for no reason. Now, I know my 19 month is trying to ajust to a baby being in the house and that my attention isn't always on him. But, he's really starting to test my patience and when I get on to him about something I feel like the worst mom in the world. He's even testing my husband's patience which is alot better than mine most the time. Putting all of this together has just made my stress radar explode. I'm crying at the smallest things, changing a diaper, making a bottle, getting up every 15 minutes in the night, husband going back to work...you name it, I'm crying about it. My husband keeps asking what's bothering me and I don't even know what to say because its everything. I'm scared that I'm going to end up pulling away from everyone and we're gonna fall apart.

Should I wait to if this goes away  or should I go ahead and see a doctor. I always told myself when I had kids I could never be the person who would have ppd but now I'm starting to question myself. I know that I'm not in this alone. I just hate that its crazy nonsense things that are making me to upset. Any advice?

by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mmtosam06
by Group Owner on Mar. 29, 2009 at 5:27 PM

hugs mama im so sorry 

im a non vaxxing/cloth diapering/full term breastfeeding sahm who is wanting another but waiting/WoW addicted momma to a 2yr old princess
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN