Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring and Summer plans??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

So, what are all you ladies gonna be up to this spring & summer?  Vacation plans?  Working around the house?  The beach?  The mountains? 

DS and I are going to the beach in July for 5 nights.  I am so ready and want to go now! 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rosiecotton
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Our 'big' plans are going to Myrtle Beach in June. My family has been going since 1982 (when I was 19). It was my mom, her 3 sisters and their kids and my grandparents. We'd rent a beachhouse for a week. Over the years, the number of people going has gone up and down- as few as 2 and as many as 18 I think. 

There was only one year no one went and that is when one of my cousins got married in Arizona. 

My one aunt and her one daughter from Arizona always fly back here to go with us. This year it's my mom, my Aunt Janice, her daughter Diana and Diana's daughter, Paige (all from Arizona), me, my hubby and my two boys. Paige is the same age as my oldest son, Cody. 

We are leaving the first Thursday in June- and stopping to visit the Biltmore House. Then on Saturday we will head on down to the beach and stay through the next Saturday.

We always stay in North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove section). Everytime we go, it gets harder and harder to come home. We love it down there so much. Hubby and I keep talking about moving down there, but not sure that will ever happen. lol

Other than that, not much else planned. We need to do some things in and around the house. I want to plant a garden this year- haven't done that for a long time. Get my flower beds looking better. I also would love to paint all the rooms in the house. And we want to get the basement all cleaned up and fixed up some. 

morningdove831
by Admin =) on Apr. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM

That sounds awesome!  I live in an apartment and really miss having my own garden. 

HappyHomeMommy
by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM

We are taking the kids to Disney World for a week in September.  I also need to get my flowers planted at some point this Spring.  Other than that we may go to the zoo and the aquarium.

morningdove831
by Admin =) on Apr. 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I love Disney - haven't been in almost 20 years though.  I'm sure it's way different now.  We'll probably do the aquarium and zoo a few times this summer.  We're going to Six Flags this Saturday!!!! 

vlester
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Summer plans is looking like a cruise but my son is currently on Spring break and we are just doing simple things like the movies, Wii game night, going outside playing, Sic flags and stuff like that

Eviesmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 10:06 AM

California in June to visit family. We're going to Disney land at least once while we're there. I'm so excited to see dd's reaction! (she's a Disney freak) The rest of the summer will probably be spent hanging around the house, shopping for a new car, maybe some beach trips. My aunt is talking about visiting in August. And the whole summer will be topped off in early September with a vacation to Rodanthe, NC. We're renting a huge, gorgeous beach house with some friends!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)