Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body, Mind and Spirit

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

Thought this kind of went with how my day was going so figured I share it with you all.

July 14

"I walked a mile with sorrow, and ne'er a word said she; But, oh, the things I learned from her when Sorrow walked with me!

Robert Browning Hamilton

We may think that forgetting the past is essential for growth and peace of mind. It's a tempting idea: we'll start over again, we think, fresh and new. But if we lose that old pain, we'll also lose all that we learned. We may repeat our mistakes, or make even worse ones next time. Dwelling on the past is equally dangerous, We begin recovery to build a better life.

To find and maintain our balance, each area of our lives needs attention. A healthy mind in a healthy body is free to find God. And, with God's help, we can learn to recognize and forgive our past mistakes, while we keep the remarkable lessons we learned from life.

With our remebering, with our inventory, we can truly experience the repentance that frees us from regret and remorse. When we acknowledge our mistakes, we can learn from them and come to forgive ourselves.

Today help me use my memories to learn and change. Help me to forgive my past.

Wow I think that says a lot!!!! Especially puts things in the light of the spirit for me......Hope you all get something out of this. I am glad for who I was and who I have become today without my past I would not be who I am today- and today I am ok with the person that I have turned out to be....

Thank u all for being a part of my recovery and being their for me when I can not be there for myself and never holding my past against me...

Love u

Danine

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kittyblanton
by Member on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Wow, that really hit the nail on the head for me. I am so grateful for the program of recovery that was developed for us.  With it I have been able to admit my wrongs and try to make them right.  I have found forgiveness and the peace and love of God. Thanks for the reading . It really has helped me  today on a very stressful day.
KittyBlanton
Diane23
by Member on Jul. 17, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Thanks Danine for the reading.  It helped me realize how much more forgiveness I need to give myself because of my past.  I must realize that without my past I am not who I am today.  The reading helped me to keep that in mind because sometimes I forget especially on a stressed out day.

LadyDriller1
by Member on Jul. 17, 2007 at 3:46 PM
Danine,   It never fails that when I am struggling with something inside of myself or dealing with an issue of one of my sponsees....you or Kitty seem to hit the nail on the head.  Thanks for the insight and the daily support.  What's that old saying?  "Those who do NOT remember the past...are doomed to repeat it"  We must never forget the past, for it made us who we are.  But it's important to always live in the here & now.  After all, we only have this very moment to live in, cause we could be gone tomorrow.  As always...my love & support go out to you.  Jackie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)