Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going through this again.....

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 11:27 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 864 Total Views

Hello everyone.  It has been awhile since I have been active here.  However, my life has been turned upside down again and I really need some support from those who understand what I'm going through.

I've been going through a lot the past couple of weeks.  My almost  5 year old daughter disclosed to me that my best friend's husband has been sexually abusing her.  She reported to me in the past twice that two other men had messed with her, but now I wonder if it has been the same man all along.  The stuff my daughter has been telling me and acting out has been so disturbing.

I made a police report.  Children's services have visited us.  We had her examined at the special care center that the children's hospital has for kids that have been abused.  There was no physical evidence (but we don't know how long ago this happened) and she would not disclose to the social worker there what happened, so legally they won't do anything at this point.  She has an appointment tonight with a special counselor that is going to do a sexual abuse evaluation.

I am sickened that this man is going to probably get away with this.  Kelsi (my daughter) has nightmares and flashbacks and even panic attacks.  We were at church on Sunday and a she had a panic attack and I had to chase her through the church for a half hour before I could get her to calm down.

This is a nightmare.  I am trying to only focus on what she is going through, but it is hard to not be reminded of my own abuse and trauma.  And my best friend is still with the man and doesn't  believe us.  She has been my best friend for 17 years and like a sister.  She even found out that her husband had molested his own daughter when she was young (once I found this out I stopped letting Kelsi go over there), and my best friend is still sticking by his side.  I don't understand it.

Thanks for letting me tell my story.

Kelli

by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jj_horn2004
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 11:35 AM

WOW I am so sorry this is happening to you, your family, and your daughter! She must be going through a lot. I am also sorry your best friend chooses to stand by her husband instead of you when your daughter was obviously traumatized by this event. Its sick how people get away with this! Stick with it and just keep telling her that you love her and your going to protect her!

Group Owner of Sale Your Items To Other Tulsa,OK Moms ~
http://www.cafemom.com/group/tulsaitems

~*~Group Admin of The Christmas Station~*~
http://www.cafemom.com/group/24945

krystleann97233
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 6:13 PM

This happened with my daughter as well...but there was not enough evidence and my daughter told the doctors nothing had happened. I know the person she said did it..did do it though.

shannonmarie759
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 6:47 PM

im so sorry you are your family is going through this when shes in counseling maybe she fill its not her fault it may take time as for as your best friend some people just dont wanna believe things like this listen to your baby and love her as much as you can you will be in my thoughts shannon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)